Straight pull

JONAH898

Looking into getting a .223 straight pull ar15 style rifle and quite fancied the type that lock back after each shot and you drop the bolt by pressing a button for next shot but for the life of me Carnt remember the make of this type of gun also do any of u guys have any opinions on the ar15 type of rifled cheers

They do one in 9mm but I don't think they do one in .223. They are apparently working on one but it is a very different matter to designing a 9mm version and that wasn't easy. Basically, a .223 version would have to be gas operated and that is going to make the home office and police very nervous. They aren't going to like it one bit.

Given that the 9mm one costs somewhere in the region of £1,400, one in a centre-fire rifle cartridge with it's associated complexities is going to be significantly more expensive, I would imagine.

J.

Looking into getting a .223 straight pull ar15 style rifle and quite fancied the type that lock back after each shot and you drop the bolt by pressing a button for next shot but for the life of me Carnt remember the make of this type of gun also do any of u guys have any opinions on the ar15 type of rifled cheers

I've had a go with several different types and its common now to buy a 22lr upper for the rifle so you have the best of both worlds. Semi-auto with the 22lr so cheap to feed and straight pull 223. If i wanted a 223 this is the route i'd personally go.

Although not an AR looking rifle,the worst one i had a go with was the Steyr AUG. Fantastic futuristic looking rifle,but everso clunky to use.Apparently very accurate though.

I like the idea of havin the platform to have 2 guns in 1 and have a free .22lr slot I was saving for a nice tactical rifle mp5,sig or the new Uzi but being able to have a .223 and a .22lr with the same lower sounds good

i wouldnt go with any of the .22's you just listed. the best one by far for value for money and just being the best designed and being able to bolt all AR bits opn to the S&W M&P 15-22! ive got one, the best fun you will ever have with you trousers on! awesome for bunny bashing and generally blowing **** up! :whistling:

I have an M&P 15-22 as well, great bit of kit, accurate and fires anything we've put through it.

Watch out for adding AR bits to it though, it's not built to mill-spec so things like an AR butt-stock won't fit as the buffer tube is a different size. The Upper and Lower have also been redesigned since the first versions came out to stop people fitting say a mill-spec 223 upper to the polymer lower.

Edited by phaedra1106