another use for used shotgun cartridges

mel b3

hiya fellas , my good lady spotted a couple of lovely old chairs on the auction site ages ago , they were pretty much scrap but we both loved the style of the chairs so we bought them , , shes re upholstered them and i used the brass caps from used 20 bore carts for the buttons , heres a couple of before and after pics ,the pics dont really do it justice but you get the idea , we were going to re upholster them in leather but decided on something a little quirky instead , the casters will be removed tomorrow and ill turn button feet on the lathe from a piece of cherry that ive got kicking around , hope you like them. :good: .

post-1082-0-71966500-1377293655_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-68014700-1377293685_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-62111700-1377293708_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-95317400-1377293736_thumb.jpg

post-1082-0-81191800-1377293880_thumb.jpg

looks very nice! WHat are they like when you lean back on them?

I came up with another use for the carts and I am not saying nowt until I try it out. I am gonna keep my head down for a while as I gather the materials needed and then get cracking. Will post some pics up when I get it done!

Great use for the carts BTW :good:

How are they fixed?

the old buttons get removed when the chair is stripped down to its frame , then remove the old fabric from the buttons and buff them up a bit with the dremel , to get the brass caps i heated the carts with the hot air paint stripper and pulled out the plastic , the inside of the brass caps also got a buffing then glue the buttons inside using epoxy resin , the buttons are then just pulled through using a buttoning needle and cord and tied off inside using a slipknot with a piece of leather to stop them pulling back through :good: