Salisbury Posting

Recently posted to the Salisbury area and looking for pigeon shooting, happy to drive a reasonable distance.

Have SGC, BASC insurance, gun and equipment. Been decoying for several years in Edinburgh, hoping to find somewhere down here now. In Army and looking for regular shooting where possible.

Royal Artillery Shoot, based at Larkhill, has Game Shoot and Pottering licence.

Netheravon and Upavon, based at Upavon, Game and Pottering.

Bulford and Tidworth Shoot, Game and Pottering available.

All are military and some have the price scaled to suit your rank.

I'm afraid I have no contact details but I'm sure a few 'phone calls on the military net will provide you with the details.

Good luck, at least it's a foot in the door.

Edited by EMcC

Scotgun and EMcC thanks for the information, I will get in touch with them.

So far no luck with the farmers around where I'm staying as most of the shooting appears to be sold, although I haven't heard much shooting and there are loads of pigeons about on the fields when I walk the dog - frustrating!

@ RJS1982 how do you go on with keeping a shotgun in the army as far as I know you cant keep them within an Army married quarter any information would be great as im about to apply for mine

Thanks in advance

That's not correct,you can keep shotguns/firearms in a Qtr you might need to push a letter up the coc, but trust me it's dooable :yes::good: BB

Ok thanks for the Advice when I approached the families office they told me I couldn't and it had to be kept in the Unit Armoury

Problem with asking,once they say no your pretty stuffed :yes: keeping it in the unit armoury ain't such a bad idea,it just limits when you can sign it out,as i'm guessing you'd mainly use it over weekend periods :good: BB

I know of many serving soldiers/officers who keep firearms/shotguns in service qtrs.,I think sometimes unit welfare/families offices just like to stamp there authority without any good reason

Edited by Bluebarrels

Apply to the CO for permission and it is 'normally' granted.

Living in barracks are a bit different, then it is normally kept in the Armoury and drawn out when required.

You would of course have to comply with the usual security regs regarding gun cabinets etc and if it is good enough for you FEO when he visits, then there shouldn't be a problem.

I used to keep mine in the armoury then I was as in Battalion but now I keep it in the house. No need to ask as far as I'm concerned, as long as the holes from the rawl plugs are filled in when I leave. I think it is a 'are we wearing helmet and body armour for this' type question. Don't ask and you will be fine. I know other people who have them in their houses as well.

Thanks guys Points taken think ill just do it and like you said as long as the holes are gone for march out can't see a problem

Holes and March out - brings back memories :) the old chewing gum/toothpaste trick has a lot to account for !! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...