The Huntsman has been hunting !

Salop Matt

Well about twice a year I get to go and do a cull at a bit of a special place, rabbits being the quarry.

So we (me and my best mate Paul aka Shropshire lad off here) set off around the ground, we used Suzuki Jimny and Paul drove so I could shoot.

My rifle of choice was my FAC Huntsman in .22 at 30ftlb with a pellet choice of 16gr JSB exacts 5.52.

We started at 19:30 and finished at 23:30. The bag total was 62 and all head shot so they could be sold to the butcher!

860547D2-A563-4DCD-B9AA-004451B607DF-556

AB6B537A-229F-4D56-B3F1-6DC2148EE7D7-556

Edited by salop sniper

Easy in the back of the Jimny with the seats folded down andy home made shelf in !

2 big plastic box's and my big air cylinder between them !

I enjoy my air guns and this shows what an effective tool the air rifle is !

Not one of these would of been a safe shot with a rimfire.

Next time I may use my sub 12ftlb .177 Daystate MK 4 and see how many we can bag with that !

We should get a second chance at them in November / December time all being well.

ATB

Matt

Hi crossy 666, Matt is away for a while so I'll answer for him. The rifle was filled when we set off, I think Matt said he gets around thirty consistent shots at 30flb. It was topped up once around half way through then once again for the last 1/2 hour or so, better to keep topped up and consistent than let the power drop off ;-) Shots were from around 20 yds out to over 60yds, the range finder being used to confirm ranges at the longer end. Its great watching someone shoot when they are in the zone so to speak? a nice tempo to their shooting. From the moment the rifle is raised you know when the shot will be released and what the outcome will be.

atvb Paul.