Another hand job for Grasshopper

FOXHUNTER1

Shoot captain rang me the other night to say that all the fields had been combined so I was really looking forward to a good nights foxing :yes:

I had taken 2 foxes off here the previous week so was expecting picking up some more cubs ...

I took Grasshopper again with his rifle and set out in earnest scouring the stubbles but nothing was seen :no:

I eventually picked up a fox in some really long grass but shot wasn't safe due to some cows being just next to it .

It was nearly 1am by now and I was a bit disappointed to say the least and I had to be up for work in the morning....................

Grasshopper coaxed me into having a look on another spot I have nearby where I knew there was a few foxes still to catch up with.

Driving out of the farm I lamped a fox in a stubble field around 200 yards away so Grasshopper got ready on the bipod , I started hand calling and the fox just sat to start with but then I gradually ticed him slowly to 80 yards which is when Grasshopper performed the last rites :good:

It was a long tiring night but eventually got a result in the end............

Needless to stay I dozed off at work the next day :lol:

nicecall_zps5a6c97c5.jpg

i had a night last week i posted about it was just like yours HARD WORK..... but thats how it goes at times

well shot to jeff nice clear pic too

thanks for shearing mark

I know mate , had a really hard night last night on great ground and never saw a fox , couldn't believe it . Must have all gone on holiday :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know mate , had a really hard night last night on great ground and never saw a fox , couldn't believe it . Must have all gone on holiday

Friday night did 3500 acres of prime stubble and saw nothing for four hours and a lot of diesel.

Saturday night out for rabbits with .22 over 500 acres saw two charlies.

Can't get it right.