ebay fees

andrewluke

I started using ebay 9 years ago, did really well until they got greedy. im trying to get my website in a better place, but unfortunately ebay still show the best exposure and alot of customers like the fact they can blackmail you with negative feedback in my experience! I would love to stop using ebay!

Hi aris we are not alllowed to put our website on ebay, Ive had 2 warnings already :| but I am putting my company name on alot now

Yes, like I said - you need to be Opaque. Savvy users will figure it out. Once you have made a sale though - they are fair game - you can communicate and sell to them directly.

The trick is to make it CHEAPER on your website. So often I look at a companies website for an item i'm interested and it is cheaper on their eBay store - mainly due to P&P. Bizarre.

Edited by aris

I do a lot of eBay and didn't know this,so I've got to put my postage costs up now to cover my loss.I find my biggest gripe is eBay is very one sides and always seems to side with the buyer,even if they don't obey the rules.

Im with you on that Red Beard

Yes, like I said - you need to be Opaque. Savvy users will figure it out. Once you have made a sale though - they are fair game - you can communicate and sell to them directly.

The trick is to make it CHEAPER on your website. So often I look at a companies website for an item i'm interested and it is cheaper on their eBay store - mainly due to P&P. Bizarre.

I do that aris already, I guess we just have to keep plugging it and not give up

People who charge ridiculous postage should be banned. They are in effect con artists who make money by deception. There should be postage cost limits say 10 per item. Any more and they can either contact eBay for a hike or absorb the cost into the product.

If we charge a silly amount for postage we get marked down, the only reason sellers did it was because ebay charge us so much. Now it happens less and less as ebay do what they want.

I got a negative the other day as a customer had a wheel barrow with a surface scratch, she never even told me and left me a negative. So I couldnt do anything about it. Thats not fair!

I have noticed that aswell... so I say have seen it on eBay... any discount with you direct to save you all the fees

What I find annoying are people who sell on ebay regularly and dont pay tax on it.

Nor do most of them actually have the stock they are listing but thats not an eBay exclusive thing these days. Our biggest competitor is a single parent working from her back bedroom with about £10 total stock holding. Her website makes her out to be a much larger operation. 3 members of her sales team listed on the website are infact her kids 9, 6 and 2 years old.

Nor do most of them actually have the stock they are listing but thats not an eBay exclusive thing these days. Our biggest competitor is a single parent working from her back bedroom with about £10 total stock holding. Her website makes her out to be a much larger operation. 3 members of her sales team listed on the website are infact her kids 9, 6 and 2 years old.

I think I met one of those when I was looking for a dog, a nice big house, kids running everywhere and puppies all over the place. I left very quickly when she announced she had to post some ebay stuff she had sold quickly as her benefits were late! :mad: and wanted £300 for each of her 5 staffies