Everyday courage, fiat punto 1.2

demonwolf444

Here's the story because its just funny. Went out lamping and the fiat punto 1.2 didnt quite cut it, by which i mean the fan just stopped and as a result of ticking over in first for a long period of time and concentrating on lamping i boiled my coolant, and overheated the engine, its blown its head gasket. After i realised i had no coolant left we needed water before trying to move it with no water or bottles in the car we had to use an A4 plastic wallet filled with water from a sheep trough 100 yards away which leaked to refill the coolant. Must have made a funny sight two guys with bags of water running to a steaming car at full pelt in the dead of night to get to the car before all the water leaked out of the bags. Other things i have found the punto's not so good at is carrying hay and straw bales, transporting timber and logs, and fittting a day of decoying into.

My lamping buddy drives a polo and we have had the whole car beached on a burried dry stone wall before.

Luckily since those two incidents the farmer lets us use his landrover for lamping now.

Any other 18 year olds find they have to couple a completely unsuitable car with an agricultural life style just because insurance is so rediculous?

Anyone know of any decent insurers who wont rip me off just because i need to use a car that doesnt get stuck when the tyres leave the tarmac.

Edited by demonwolf444

On foot lamping with air rifles we just about get to double figures low to mid teens, After borrowing the landrover we got 26 with air rifles. Which seemed to make him happy, it probably helps that we have been on the farm since we could walk ( fond memories of going to the farm to play and getting my wellie stuck in cow pat ) as my lamping pal's grandparents used to own the same farm.

I have just tried adrian flux for a series 2 that my dad has, but they were unable to quote me immediately - just waiting for them to ring back.