butchery night

colin lad

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Colin for an excellent demonstration this evening Mary and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The meal was very tasty too. Please pass on our thanks to Peter and your wives for their hard work as well. Looking forward to eating the venison joint tomorrow.

Just a thought that perhaps an overhead mirror above the workbench would be useful to give the audience a better view of what was going on.

Great evening's entertainment. :good:

Good grub and chat.

I was filming it, then my phone's battery gave out (d'oh). :sad1:

I was hoping that Channel 4 would snap up the rights for their latest reality show - "Master Butchers".

Thanks again Colin, great night indeed. Same thoughts on the mirror and maybe raise you up a bit. Also, make sure the shop is fully open. Captive audience and all that, you'd have made a killing I'm sure.

I picked up a pot of the cure for the bacon, but forgot the instruction leaflet. Can you send me the info please?!?

Ta

Thank you Colin for a very enjoyable and informative evening. It would be good if you could raise yourself and your work table, perhaps around 3 foot off the deck, like a small stage, to enable a better view.

I also think an open retail counter would be good as requested above in other posts.

Otherwise, can't fault it, well run and presented and finished off with a good meal. Thanks again for a good evening.

Edited by wraivi

Thank you Colin and all others involved in what was a crackin' evening.

The missus & I enjoyed the whole thing from start to finish.

A first class demonstration of butchery & knife skills, topped of with great food and a friendly atmosphere, what more could you want?

Long may these events continue as I fear I will become a regular.

I echo the suggestion of an open retail counter.

Thank you all for a superb night. Yet again a great butchery demo , with plenty of ideas to take home. The food was great , and thank you again for accommodating Mrs Mungolee with her burgers.

I will need more practice on the butchers knots as I've still not managed to master them ! All in all spot on :good:

Ml & Swmbo

Would be interesting in seeing a demo on various birds game and commercially grown. Pigeon, duck, goose, and any other game birds. Best techniques in dressing them as whole birds, but also just breasting them. also boning each one, and creating one of those bird-in-a-bird-in-a-bird-in-a-bird concoctions.

Great evening's entertainment. :good:

Good grub and chat.

I was filming it, then my phone's battery gave out (d'oh). :sad1:

I was hoping that Channel 4 would snap up the rights for their latest reality show - "Master Butchers".

Terry could do one called Master bakers as well

Great night had by all, big thank you to Colin and his team.

I think the mirror over the block is good but also one by the door for a few of us who wanted to tidy up our hair !

Echo the open shop idea......

May I suggest some tea and coffee upon arrival as well.

I also think some cheese samples from the shop will be attractive and sell more from the shop.

I think the award winning sausages would be an easy sell.

I must say a huge thanks to Colin for the others 'bits' . the kids want to go on holiday now to test drive them!!!!!

Hi Colin

Thanks for a great evening, we both really enjoyed ourselves.

I echo the sentiments of others.

How are you going to better the evening will be difficult, but with your un doubtable skills not impossible.

Terry

Ps it was good to see old friends again and meet and make some new ones.

Would be interesting in seeing a demo on various birds game and commercially grown. Pigeon, duck, goose, and any other game birds. Best techniques in dressing them as whole birds, but also just breasting them. also boning each one, and creating one of those bird-in-a-bird-in-a-bird-in-a-bird concoctions.

Colin,

I think this would be useful too. Perhaps if a demo was done in early October once the game season has started it would be of maximum benefit to members who have the opportunity to get hold of game birds.

Colin,

I think this would be useful too. Perhaps if a demo was done in early October once the game season has started it would be of maximum benefit to members who have the opportunity to get hold of game birds.

Great idea Phil :good: .

If you want we could use the A1 shooting ground meeting room Plenty of space, and it could be run as the last one bring your own drink etc.

Edited by bakerboy

Colin,

I read about a "ten bird roast" somewhere. I'd love to see that!

the only reason i have not done game birds etc is once you have plucked them there ain't a lot more you can do with them maybe bone and stuff it a 10 bird roast could be done but would need them all shooting within the same week really that would be down to you guy's

colin

the only reason i have not done game birds etc is once you have plucked them there ain't a lot more you can do with them maybe bone and stuff it a 10 bird roast could be done but would need them all shooting within the same week really that would be down to you guy's

colin

Freeze them.

It would be more the tips and tricks and the variety of ways to dress, breast and prepare etc.

Right - like how to debone various birds whole to make the 10 bird roast (or 6 or 7 bird - whatever is available)