.223 which MOD??

decoyally

I am getting a .223 in tikka t3lite, it's all black and have sorted a scope but I don't have a clue about the mod... A mate has a t8 but seems to unbalance the rifle a lot.. The dealer recommended a utra but am completely clueless! Would think that if I got one that I could open to clean would be a plus?:/. Look forward to your suggestions thanks in advance!!👍

The new sl5 is not an over barrel mod, its about 1/2 the weight as the original s5. Built to last. There's loads out there, and understand your challenge looking for the best, but to be honest I have been in the presence of just about every make and size of mod, they all work, some show better results on paper, but to be honest I don't really think you will notice the difference from the shooters position. So that leaves aesthetics and price.

Edited by Dougy

I put an SL5 on a Tikka T3 Lite the other day to get the feel of it and it works well weight wise. They're good solid mods too.

After a recent experience with a CMM4 (it blew up) I'm really off of them. It seems the warranty is a bit pointless as if you can't prove you put it back together right after stripping it the distributor won't honour the guarantee! Ok, now I've calmed down a bit I can see Jacksons point on the matter but that still doesn't help me. The piece I need to prove my point is missing - it blew up so it's gone and without it I don't have a leg to stand on.

Get something that doesn't come apart, that way they can't wriggle out of any faults. Not that I think you'll get any with an Ase Utra as their build is pretty first class.

I have ASE Utra dedicated .223 mod on my Tikka TAC reduces it to unmoderated .22lr very happy, yes a little heavy but appears a lot more compact and lighter than a T8. Have you considered a sonic 35? I'm just looking at one for my 17 Fireball and very lightweight seem ok for sporting use.

Optomist