I paid 21 shillings for the last box in Fenwicks, Wolverhampton; and they were very old stock This would be 1963.

A Guinea! Us poor boys were still using mustard coloured, Ministry of Agriculture subsidised cartridges - I only ever saw No 6's, I think that's all there were. 25 shillings a 100.

Very nice FC. Have you slid any in to your gun yet? I like paper but they can swell and become tight to load.

After reading the above, I tried them in my Eley wartime case production gauge. This will not allow any normal MEC, Texan or Lee resized cases to enter....only those that have been MEC SuperSized.

They must have been stored well, along with the accompanying Yellow Wizard, et al. All the shells slipped through beautifully.

I hasten to add, if the paper cases had swollen at any time in the past, they would not have slipped through this gauge which was designed to gauge the brass heads and integrity of assembled cases.