Working Notice

Paul T

Unless I have missed something.

When you were offered your new position the new employer would have asked what your notice period was, and you should have informed them.

With both parties knowing there is a 3 month notice period, the role should be held open for you without a problem.

Going sick, walking out etc. would certainly make me think (as the new employer) that maybe, I have made a mistake regarding the honesty of my potential new employee.

Shaun - that's EXACTLY the position I'm in! I run into ex-colleagues all the time and even my new next door neighbour currently works for one of my old employers!

If it's a small field you can't afford to get a bad name.

You won't be with your new employers forever so while they're keen to get you in they should appreciate you have notice to work. and you'll honour it.

Try negotiating with your current firm for 6/8 weeks notice, it should be long enough to handle most jobs over and you can leave on good terms.

Nial.

Right, I've slept on this and here's what you do.

Book a meeting with your boss and HR as soon as possible. Turn up in a dress and tell them that from now on you want to be known as Kylie. Say you're a pre-op transsexual and your GP has advised you carry out the Real-Life Experience (RLE) as soon as possible and you'll be doing it during your notice period.

You'll be in the garden that afternoon.

Right, I've slept on this and here's what you do.

Book a meeting with your boss and HR as soon as possible. Turn up in a dress and tell them that from now on you want to be known as Kylie. Say you're a pre-op transsexual and your GP has advised you carry out the Real-Life Experience (RLE) as soon as possible and you'll be doing it during your notice period.

You'll be in the garden that afternoon.

I love it :lol::good:

What look should I be going for - Mel Griffiths or Mel B?

Paul, I think you would look stunning in a pretty frock. :lol::lol::lol: Hope you get it sorted soon. from Auntie.

Thanks - should I lose the big 'tache though? Also on hair, should I shave or immac 'cos I find stockings don't half pull the hairs on my legs../ :whistling:

Anyway, I got offered the job today after a final presentation/interview to the directors. Start date is intimated at first thing in the New Year, so hopefully I can negotiate with my existing and use holidays etc.

If I'm still short on time then the frock it is... :innocent:

I love it :lol::good:

What look should I be going for - Mel Griffiths or Mel B?

Thanks - should I lose the big 'tache though? Also on hair, should I shave or immac 'cos I find stockings don't half pull the hairs on my legs../ :whistling:

Anyway, I got offered the job today after a final presentation/interview to the directors. Start date is intimated at first thing in the New Year, so hopefully I can negotiate with my existing and use holidays etc.

If I'm still short on time then the frock it is... :innocent:

Mel Griffiths or Mel B ??

OR

Mel Smith

_68858370_68858369.jpg

Im in the same place but I only have to give one month, but my new job starts in two weeks.

So I just spoke to my GM who told me no got to be a month, ok Il just resign then have two weeks off then start! A few tense moments past he then agreed for two weeks notice.

At the end of the day your gona leave regardless, yes it's better leave on good terms but if you need to start your new job as soon as just say thanks and go.