.22 S/A reasoning!

gibby

Quick question, I have on my fac a .22lr bolt action already but would also like to apply for a .22 semi. If the reasoning for my original rifle is vermin control, can i use this reasoning again? I need the semi for added magazine power due to the mass of rabbits. Any other reason i could put down?

Gibby

Quick question, I have on my fac a .22lr bolt action already but would also like to apply for a .22 semi. If the reasoning for my original rifle is vermin control, can i use this reasoning again? I need the semi for added magazine power due to the mass of rabbits. Any other reason i could put down?

Gibby

I did have 2 rimfires on my ticket a couple of years ago. Bolt action and semi auto. When I applied for the the extra slot on my ticket, the reason I gave was as a back up rifle. Nothing else

Jonno

When I applied for my variationfor a .22 SA and a .17HMR, the police tried to persuade me to give up my bolt action Sako. NEVER.

I explained that I wanted the SA for night work, and would be fitting a night sight. As distance is more difficult to judge in the dark, a quick follow up shot is more likeley to be required, against shooting with the more accurate bolt action in daylight. The police then wanted me to give up the bolt action for the 17HMR, I explained that the 17 was for longer range bunnies, and that that I felt that the .22 LR bolt action still had an important role.

I got the impression that the FEO concluded that he had met his match. I got all that I asked for and more ammo.

That said. I have hardly shot the Sako bolt action since. The Anschutz 1517 is an absolute dream to shoot.

webber

Do you have to specify if you want S/A or bolt action then? I thought you just got cleared for the calibre :lol:

I thought that too, can someone clarify please......

when your ticket come,s through it will have 22 lr

once you buy one it will then change to 22 lr b/a or 22lr s/a

if you want both you will need to apply for a variation