Armed Response Unit Meet Punt Gunners

Pole Star

A friend up from England just told me of an incident they had a while ago while out punt gunning when they came back into the shore & they were met by the by the police because a member of the public had heard a very loud bang , saw lots of smoke & had thought a bomb had gone off :w00t: .

After having a friendly chat with the law another squad car then arrived with the armed response boys but I understand that this meeting was also a friendly one & the police were completely fascinated with the punt gun God love em , but alas it seems even punt gunners are not immune from a visit these days , what is the World coming too ! :rolleyes: .

Location has to remain a secret though , must have a go myself one day .

sorry to disappoint you Fenboy but these chaps were not Italian & don't use pogo sticks :whistling:

Edited by Pole Star

:lol: if only it was that easy.

If only anything was easy ! but that is the first time I have ever heard of an armed response unit being called out to a couple of punt gunners & it was nice to hear the police took great interest in the punt gun .

Anyway when was the last time you saw south London druggies & bank robbers ect bothering to go punt gunning ? I wonder what that visit cost the tax payer :hmm:

Edited by Pole Star

Hi Carl how's thing up there bud.

Hearing 1 and seeing 1 of them punt guns is something i would have loved to see. :yes:

Some of the old wildfowlers on the Dovey spoke of seeing them in the old days.

Have seen a few at gamefair etc they look bloody massive :lol:

Weather been awful down here had thought about going foxing tonight but raining now. :sad1:

Take care bud ATVB Terry

Hi Carl how's thing up there bud.

Hearing 1 and seeing 1 of them punt guns is something i would have loved to see. :yes:

Some of the old wildfowlers on the Dovey spoke of seeing them in the old days.

Have seen a few at gamefair etc they look bloody massive :lol:

Weather been awful down here had thought about going foxing tonight but raining now. :sad1:

Take care bud ATVB Terry

Hello Terry things ok & will PM you ATB Carl

Tall chap with glasses, double 8, black lab and comes from Essex.

Well if this chap is up here & out & about Chad63 he might just be located ?

Apologies for cock up in double posting by" the police " on page one but have had too many early mornings & late nights on the Port :blush: fowling is hard work ! :rolleyes:

Well if this chap is up here & out & about Chad63 he might just be located ?

Apologies for cock up in double posting by" the police " on page one but have had too many early mornings & late nights on the Port :blush: fowling is hard work ! :rolleyes:

Lost me there ???????????

Have to have a go at punt gunning some time. My mate is building one just now so fingers crossed.

Did they get many birds?

Up at Dornoch at the moment, it was round this time of the year I saw them last year, then bump into them On the solway late feb.

Much luck up at Dornoch? That's about an hour from me but never bothered to go and shoot it yet

A friend up from England just told me of an incident they had a while ago while out punt gunning when they came back into the shore & they were met by the by the police because a member of the public had heard a very loud bang , saw lots of smoke & had thought a bomb had gone off :w00t: .

After having a friendly chat with the law another squad car then arrived with the armed response boys but I understand that this meeting was also a friendly one & the police were completely fascinated with the punt gun God love em , but alas it seems even punt gunners are not immune from a visit these days , what is the World coming too ! :rolleyes: .

Location has to remain a secret though , must have a go myself one day .

sorry to disappoint you Fenboy but these chaps were not Italian & don't use pogo sticks :whistling:

Thanks for pointing that out , I think you may have a unhealthy attraction to me as you feel the need to mention me in your posts and I notice you have been stalking my profile , perhaps you need to get out more !

Thanks for pointing that out , I think you may have a unhealthy attraction to me as you feel the need to mention me in your posts and I notice you have been stalking my profile , perhaps you need to get out more !

Funny thing my dear chap I did notice you were checking my profile some time ago ! , I like you fenboy because you never cease to entertain me & like a hungry pike you swallowed the bait :lol: . You need too get out more & perhaps try a trip to Orkney ? so sleep tight tonight & don't let the your bed bugs bite :yes: . ps lots of geese here & lots more than you will find in your tiny fenland drain & you don't what you are missing sweet dreams . :yes: ATB Pole Star

Why would I want to go to Orkney ? , a little sad you feel the need to take the mickey about my little drain , it offers me some very good sport and there is not an Italian in sight ,I also get all the geese I need here thanks

No doubt you would not like the shooting on any of my ground as you would have nothing at all to winge about .

Oh and as for me looking at your profile polestar in your dreams mate , I like you also polestar , there is always room in my heart for the odd fruitcake they make the world a more interesting place so you keep taking the tablets and have a nice evening :good:

Why would I want to go to Orkney ? , a little sad you feel the need to take the mickey about my little drain , it offers me some very good sport and there is not an Italian in sight ,I also get all the geese I need here thanks

No doubt you would not like the shooting on any of my ground as you would have nothing at all to winge about .

Oh and as for me looking at your profile polestar in your dreams mate , I like you also polestar , there is always room in my heart for the odd fruitcake they make the world a more interesting place so you keep taking the tablets and have a nice evening :good:

Same here fenboy but I would not want you & your pogo stick here anyway because we have enough problems with the goons & people from the boot shaped country who need that third shot & more to make up for their lack of marksmanship ! , & I don't need a little drain as I have my own farm & loch frontage to a loch so why would I bother with a drain & a pogo stick ???.

Why would you want to come too Orkney ??? well sadly its become the number one place for the numbers boys to come & bring decent goose shooters into disrepute & get Orkney in the news & show us all ( including you ) in a bad light ! perhaps these types don't visit your little drain & in which case I envy you & consider you very lucky .

Anyway drink your coco & take your sleeping pills & toodle off to bed & don't forget Teddy & some time tomorrow I will post up some pics of what gentleman use too shoot geese with & if you would like to come to Orkney give me a call sonny & I will sort it for you . Take care Pole Star :good:

ps must rush as have too be up at 5am to check the wind so we can have a good morning on the geese

pps if you ever make it up here my friend you will not need to bring your pogo stick because I will lend you a gun like the old wildfowling greats use to use :good:

Edited by Pole Star

Same here fenboy but I would not want you & your pogo stick here anyway because we have enough problems with the goons & people from the boot shaped country who need that third shot & more to make up for their lack of marksmanship ! , & I don't need a little drain as I have my own farm & loch frontage to a loch so why would I bother with a drain & a pogo stick ???.

Why would you want to come too Orkney ??? well sadly its become the number one place for the numbers boys to come & bring decent goose shooters into disrepute & get Orkney in the news & show us all ( including you ) in a bad light ! perhaps these types don't visit your little drain & in which case I envy you & consider you very lucky .

Anyway drink your coco & take your sleeping pills & toodle off to bed & don't forget Teddy & some time tomorrow I will post up some pics of what gentleman use too shoot geese with & if you would like to come to Orkney give me a call sonny & I will sort it for you . Take care Pole Star :good:

ps must rush as have too be up at 5am to check the wind

See there you go again polestar taring everyone with the same brush you really cant help yourself can you , you know nothing about me and the type of sportsman I am .

Perhaps you have not read this thread.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/264103-first-one-of-the-season/

Please don't confuse me with those that have no respect just because I choose to shoot a "pogostick"