Left handed shooter with right handed rifle

bigben

Just got my ticket back last week for a .22 LR and I'm looking at a CZ American which you can get left handed but only with a long barrel.

It's a load of hassle getting the barrels shortened so my gun shop suggested just getting a right handed gun which comes in a 16 inch barrel

I'm just wondering if any leftys do this and if they get on ok with it.

Right handlers are also cheaper and have better re sell potential.

I have the same problem but so long as it's not a thumbhole stock I get on fine. With a rifle I find so long as I can look down the scope comfortly once it's zeroed it will shoot where I aim. As opposed to shotguns. Where fit is the most important thing about a shotgun.

+1

Im a leftie, but i shoot off my right shoulder - rifle and shotgun, its always just felt more natural and my right eye is the more dominant. I can and do shoot my rifle off left shoulder from time to time and the right-hand bolt has never been much of an issue. Rifle is a CZ, but in HMR calibre.

I was talking about this last night to a very experienced shot, I am left handed and have all ways used a rifle with a bolt on the right side.

For me the right hand is the control hand (on my shot gun) and the BSA .22 Dad had (I know have) has a RH bolt so I was conditioned to RH bolt.

I have a .243 with a RH bolt and hold it in my left hand to load it as if it was the other way around it would be strange.

However it would make no difference to me if the gun was set up correctly, the only thing would be re loading a second round quickly after shooting a deer but I am sure I would not be to far behind...

RH ones are cheaper as the world is chack handed from my left side of the fence.... :whistling:

TEH

Im a lefty and shoot a right handed hmr, TBH I very rarely fire from standing without a support under the gun so its more of an advantage for me to have a right handed rifle as long as its not thumbhole.

A left handed person can fire a right handed rifle faster than a right handed person off a bipod or a good rest. I can keep my right hand close to the bolt and cycle for follow up shots if theyre needed without taking my hand away from the trigger.

If you need to fire standing shots well just do it live mentioned in saving private ryan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY61XmDJ-1w