Beaters Day

lurcherboy

Not strictly a beaters day as I am a picker-up but you know what I mean.

Anyway, I got to Edenbridge at 8:15 for a 9:00 start, and it poured down all the way :lol: but magically stopped as I was parking the motor :lol:

Coffee, banter, sloe gin appreciation society meeting, mickey taking and some nose bag, which was nice :/ Then we set off for the first of five drives.

1st drive, I saw absolutely nothing to shoot at although a few birds were downed by others.

2nd drive, I had one shot at a bird that had been hit but was lunging in the direction of a road so I brought it down.

3rd drive, missed 2 flyers with both barrels then got my eye in, 3 birds for 3 shots :lol:

4th drive, shot at 5 pigeons and really scared one of them :yes: sadly nothing else to report :lol:

5th drive, no birds :lol:

So it was back to the house for Lancashire hot pot, only ever seen/heard of this dish on Coronation Street, a bottle of red on every table and more mickey taking.

Other than a back gun stealing birds from everyone, it was one of the best days I have had, and the owners daughters were in the beating line, which was REALLY nice :lol:

Total bag 32 pheas, 2 woodies and a woodcock.

LB

LB,

Are you telling us that you have to rely on shooting somebody elses birds after they've already shot them :lol::lol::lol: Lunging towards a road, a likely story :lol:

Ferretboy111,

I keep telling you, your supposed to push the birds out before beaters day, not quietly walkthrough and whisper hey hey... :lol: I need to pop over at some point and drop your badge off for you. Maybe (here comes the cheeky bit) on the night you decide we're going lamping :lol:

SS :lol:

As soon as the weather dries up abit, we shall go.

Havent had much luck recently in our trips, and have been churning up everything whilst driving. I think me n ben will have to get some more ammo for our rimfires so we can go after rabbits one night, as havent been for them for ages, and there are plenty about!!!

Alex

:good:

Was thinking ferreting on the 20-21st. B)

LB,

Are you telling us that you have to rely on shooting somebody elses birds after they've already shot them :P:good::lol: Lunging towards a road, a likely story :lol:

Ferretboy111,

I keep telling you, your supposed to push the birds out before beaters day, not quietly walkthrough and whisper hey hey... :P I need to pop over at some point and drop your badge off for you. Maybe (here comes the cheeky bit) on the night you decide we're going lamping :good:

SS :lol:

Just trying to do the right thing SS :lol:

LB

• 3 weeks later...