Smart TV and with WiFi ??

TaxiDriver

Was browsing in a well know PC shop today (the Spicy Indian food one),

was looking for a Freeview box initially as we're getting ripped off royally for VirginMedia and want to cancel and have a cheaper option.

(A new Freeview ariel is gonna cost me £85)

Got looking at TV's and was bamboozled by so called 'Smart TV' some or most of which have WiFi connection ? Some also have Freeview tuner built in,

Some I sure made great store on the fact you can do Facebook and Twitter (neither of which I use) BUT if I understood correctly, Some if not all you can actually browse t'internet on the telly ??

Edited to add :

I shan't be wanting to subscribe to anything, merely to have as many channels available without further costs.

Would be nice to be able to view some internet stuff on telly and browse PW.

Edited by TaxiDriver

I have a 47" LG 3D LED Smart TV and it has built in WIFI and you can if you wish browse the internet with, It also has built in freeview though I don`t use that function as I have a satbox.

I use the smart tv part lots for things like netflix etc and as my phone is on the same home network I can play music, films and view photos directly on the tv just by pressing one button the phone (note2).

I also have an app on my phone that controls the tv and makes internet or youtube browsing a lot easier.

Edited by huds78

You can but it is slow without a keyboard and mouse. The best thing about them is the ability to sign up to Netflix/Love Film and BBC iplayer, 4OD etc so you can watch any program from the last week or so, when you like. Beware that there are some licencing issues with some brands (Sony?) so they don't get certain watch again channels.