they don't make them like they used to

Paddy Galore!

just got off the phone from the tool shop, i broke my new panasonic 18v impact driver 3 weeks ago and the replacement still isn't in yet.

not happy, i still have my old 12v one that i bought 5 yrs ago (panasonic) which is still going strong.

i think i should have bought a festool, i would've had it back within the week :rolleyes:

i've had makita in the past, still got a couple of angle grinders, but i did manage to burn the drills/impact drivers out, haven't had one since due to that little episode, that and one of my workmates blew a battery and charger up a few months back.

it's too late to change now anyway :lol: i've just got the panasonic jigsaw and angle grinder to go with the rest of the kit :oops:

Its all swings and roundabouts Paddy, some are good some are bad.. as long as the tool does what it says it can after a year or two they have earned their stay.

i know mate, but i've been so impressed with the panasonic gear in the past i thought i'd keep with them, they're not cheap so i presumed that the customer support would be fairly good too.maybe not as good as the likes of festool but better than milwaukee/dewalt etc :lol:

did i mention when i had a fault with my old festool drill? i rang axminster tools on the monday when it packed up, they called festool, who then sent out a courier to pick it up later that day, it was back in my hand friday morning, it was out of warranty as well but they still fixed it free of charge, :good:

Fair play. As a self employed joiner I am always open to ideas on power tools. Have never gone the festool route after being relieved of all my kit a couple of years ago one Christmas holiday , that would be a hit that I could not come back from ;-)

i know how that feels, that's how i lost the festo drill in the end, i'm a little more careful with my gear now but if i ever catch hold of the **** who took my gear ...

Festool stuff looks awesome but I doubt it could stand any physical abuse.

I'm a Dewalt fan personally. Makita batteries let them down if you ask me

from personal experience, festool will take more abuse than anything else i've ever used, it certainly stands head and shoulders above the common brands, i just can't afford to replace my kit with festool gear unless i take out a mortgage :lol: