Weatherproofing stock

gazbev

I bought a Silver Pigeon 1 a few years ago and although the gun is fine the stock wasn't the best after all it is bottom of the range.

When I take it out in the rain the stock goes dull,more so in the more open grained areas.I have tried the walnut oils,palming it in with a warm hand and it still happens.

I am thinking of using a beeswax and wondered what people thought.Trade secrets GP stock wax is popular but it's only beeswax and I can buy that anywhere.

Are there any disadvantages to waxing? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to oil it what the wax is put on but it will defiantly weatherproof it.

Any thoughts?

A bloke I know said buy beeswax fur nature Polish it's the same and you get lots more for your money,you can do all your leather with it as well,will have to check the ingredients.

If I can't find the ingredients I will buy trade secret,bit late it's going to tip it down tomorrow.

I use waxwing wax on my stocks and its great for keeping the rain off as most waxes are, you could use leather genie it's a bees wax and jojoba oil blend its great for leather and wood.

The Phillips walnut oil preparation has worked great on my Yildiz matt finish stock and that regularly gets drenched as its my game gun and looks fine with no white blooming of the finish.

Figgy