Agreed, otters are native so if they eat introduced species of carp(vermin) and manage to raid pheasants nests(more introduced vermin) they'll get my support.They used to eat mainly eels but humans have overfished eels and the elvers and polluted the otters habitat so it's our fault if they turn to other species to survive.Anyway, I'm having curry for tea, Tarka masala, it's like Tikka masala but 'otter.

Hah Not sure pheasants or carp are vermin .. U guys crack me up

Just because somethings introduced doesnt deem it vermin lol

its defined by the relationship and affects that species has between other species and its environment in general .

Edited by Setwings

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah Not sure pheasants or carp are vermin .. U guys crack me up

Just because somethings introduced doesnt deem it vermin lol

its defined by the relationship and affects that species has between other species and its environment in general .

You may be right but I do enjoy having a good stir to see who bites, and someone will!

The BTO have the list for all indigenous bird species and many would be supprised to see what is on it. Thinking on this, does anyone else wake up to radio fours 'Tweet of the day'? Woke up the other morning to a bl&*dy magpie clacking and thought it had come into the bedroom until David Attenbourgh started speaking!!

**** .... freshwater worm drowners, so easy to chomp the bait .. never any different .. lve been a sea angler for 46 years ... theres a reason they called their main fish carp lol ... switch yea alarms off chaps ;)

Spot on young man, carp fishing? oversized tame fish in a pond! You might as well fish for grannies goldfish.

I have also been a sea angler for over 30 years , but I know better than spout the carp you are doing !.

Just because a trout or carp does not fit in with your ideal does not make them vermin , what state would the rivers be in if the anglers rod licence money was not put into them ?

Perhaps the same state the sea is finding itself in sea anglers , me included put nothing back into the sport , we take out tea and chuck back the undersize fish knowing they have little chance of survival .

I have also been a sea angler for over 30 years , but I know better than spout the carp you are doing !.

Just because a trout or carp does not fit in with your ideal does not make them vermin , what state would the rivers be in if the anglers rod licence money was not put into them ?

Perhaps the same state the sea is finding itself in sea anglers , me included put nothing back into the sport , we take out tea and chuck back the undersize fish knowing they have little chance of survival .

Chill out!

Do you want some of my Tarka masala?

timmytree

You are just as bad as bunnage, and you may find that some of your posts are treated as some of his were. Don't stir for the sake of it. If you have something useful to say then just come out with it instead of treating these subjects with contempt and scorn.

Edited by JDog

only been on here a day and already found people calling phesants vermin ...seen it all now

seafishing ye ?

talk bout change the subject lol

ive been seafishing quite abit also ,beach and boat ,and my father holds a few records off the needles not tht this matters :/

i thought we we talkin about otters?

gunna say if its not a windup id be worried haha :)

:lol:

I am perfectly chilled thanks :yes:

I am just highlighting someone talking carp , who is clearly just trying to wind people up , just as you are :)

I prefer to think that I am provoking debate, helped by 4 pints of a very special homebrewed beer at 8%abv.

My posts may be slightly tongue in cheek but robust debate is healthy!

You don't fancy the Tarka masala then?

timmytree

You are just as bad as bunnage, and you may find that some of your posts are treated as some of his were. Don't stir for the sake of it. If you have something useful to say then just come out with it instead of treating these subject with contempt and scorn.

Everyone is entitled to a viewpoint, each viewpoint is valid even if it disagrees with the majority, even more so if the majority resort to rudeness and ridicule because they can't put forward a valid argument without getting riled. I do take your point though, at my age I like to present a counter argument even if I don't agree with myself.

That is the beauty of getting older, cause an argument and sit back and laugh!

Maybe "stirring" is a bit strong though, I like to see it as inserting a bit of light hearted brevity into an emotive subject that may cause argument.

Would YOU like some Tarka masala?

Going off topic slightly, i think cormorants are more of a problem than otters where smaller fish are concerned on rivers and lakes. Eastern Europeans don't mind carp and pike for dinner either. They had long lines set round a small carp syndicate i used to shoot ducks on.

Edited by shootnfish

Going off topic slightly, i think cormorants are more of a problem than otters where smaller fish are concerned on rivers and lakes. Eastern Europeans don't mind carp and pike for dinner either. They had long lines set round a small carp syndicate i used to shoot ducks on.

Polish cormorants or English ones?

haha timmy tree " at my age I like to present a counter argument even if I don't agree with myself." and "helped by 4 pints of a very special homebrewed beer at 8%abv."

right............ basicly short for im being a **** because im old and think i no everything, but actualy i dont just talking bullshhhii*** because im para

haha good ol boy atleast your honest :good:

Edited by Setwings

haha timmy tree " at my age I like to present a counter argument even if I don't agree with myself." and "helped by 4 pints of a very special homebrewed beer at 8%abv."

right............ basicly short for im being a **** because im old and think i no everything, but actualy i dont just talking bullshhhii*** because im para

haha good ol boy atleast your honest :good:

Nearly right!

I couldn't give a toss what anyone thinks of me.

I'm intelligent enough to argue my case and thick skinned enough to do what I want regardless. (unless the missis puts her foot down!"

Old enough to know better but young enough to get in trouble for a nice pair of tits. (I'm a bird watcher!)

Phew! I'm surprised at the amount of discussion my comment has produced , the point I was trying to make was how seeing one face to face was so breathtaking and such a rare sight, makes spending a day in the country all the more special.

Phew! I'm surprised at the amount of discussion my comment has produced , the point I was trying to make was how seeing one face to face was so breathtaking and such a rare sight, makes spending a day in the country all the more special.

I couldn't agree more Fenny, I had the pleasure of watching otters when I was a kid, being taught about wildlife by an elderly uncle who was a farmhand. I've recently seen them again on the Somerset levels and been utterly enchanted by them.

Every time I see one is a bonus. They BELONG here.