Essex Shotgun Application delays

Travlaa

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update on my situation (post number 59). I received a phone call on the 17th from an Essex FEO, and i have my interview tomorrow. So that's the 13th week from submission to interview. I understand that there have been some issues in the department but I'm probably looking at 16/17 weeks until i actually receive my shotgun licence (if tomorrow goes well).

It's a bit ridiculous considering that their guidelines are around 10 weeks (with a 20% leeway). Furthermore, other departments are seen to be doing the whole application in under 8 weeks. Just wondering if anyone feels the same way about the speed at which these applications are being processed?

Just had my interview, went really well. Frankie (the FEO) was really nice and helpful with all the questions I had. She further explained that there have been some difficulties within the department that were out of their control, which I can understand. She told me that it's going to be another 6-8 weeks ( :no::sad1: ) before it looks likely that I'll get my certificate through.

Not very impressed but there's nothing I can do, so I guess I'll just have to save the pennies a little while longer, and maybe buy a more expensive gun! :)

Hatcher

Been there got the T Shirt, more excuses than I can explain, any private company would be closed down with the type of carp that this lot come out with and we are paying for the "service" not, and their wage's.

Just sitting back chilling, after the mob I last worked for in the Civil Service it's about par for the course, give it till Friday and then go ape s--t.

Hatcher, I applied in Sept 2013 and I can''t tell you what came out during my review on this site, but let's just say I was not impressed by the standard of the audit carried out, as I have stated already on this site if and when a licence is granted then the s--t will hit the fan regarding the "service delivered".

Owo1-man, I've just had a little browse through some of the posts you have made on this topic and I can see the frustration in every reply.

I'll be interested to find out if and when you receive your licence and if the firearms department has any reason as to why it took such an awfully long time.

But i'm sure you'll keep us updated

Hatcher

Edited by Hatcher

Hatcher

I had my interview for a Shotgun license back in January plus a 2nd visit to check the gun safe that I installed was okay.

All my checks have been done, I'm just waiting on someone to read my file and rubber stamp it.

Edited by GPC

Hatcher

I had my interview for a Shotgun license back in January plus a 2nd visit to check the gun safe that I installed was okay.

All my checks have been done, I'm just waiting on someone to read my file and rubber stamp it.

I wast told that if they have to come back after the 1st interview, then usually they bring the cert, check the security has been put in place and then hand it over. Clearly that's not the case then

I wast told that if they have to come back after the 1st interview, then usually they bring the cert, check the security has been put in place and then hand it over. Clearly that's not the case then

I asked my firearms officer if it was worth installing a safe when I spoke to him in my 1st interview, he said he didn't see an issue with me getting a licence.

So I installed a safe that day and he came back to check it the following day to help speed up the process

I feel for you guys in some areas. You could move to Cambridge, get a licence and move back again in the time it takes to get them sorted for some forces. I've included time for notice periods and reference checking in that calculation.