Essex Shotgun Application delays

Travlaa

I'm glad we can see the funny side of all this, but to be honest i think it's disgusting that we are made to wait so long. As said I feel sorry for the people who work there, but none of that is our fault, They should recruit more staff, obviously there is a need for it , I'm sure each day someone else puts in for a renewal or grant etc, & the pile just gets deeper. Me thinks I have best part of several weeks to wait as yet :sad1:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine took from the beginning of September 2013 until March 10th 2014, every time I asked I got **** replies, this system needs sorting by bigger people than us, BASC need to get involved in this situation, as I have pointed out they have £30k + of our money and they cannot even tell us the truth on why the system is so failed.

They seem to think that every time someone phones in to enquire a ****** answer will calm them down until the next phone call, not, come on go to the top give them the same **** as they give us.

Remember if you live in Essex you pay their wages with the cost friendly Essex Tax from your monthly bill.

Plus the £50 you have given them to process your application.

The more I think about this the more it winds me up. :/

They cant tell me how much longer it will be to process my application, its supposedly in a pile waiting for the supervisor to look at. Surely they can tell roughly how many applications they can process in a day!!!! If its going to be another 6 weeks tell me and I dont mind waiting just dont fob me off each time I phone!!!

I dont mind waiting its the being stringed along I dont like. They cashed my cheque back in March and I've not got anything to show for it some four months later, not even a receipt from them. In-fact the only time they contacted me was when the FAO arranged my interview, I had to phone them to make sure they had received my application.

Its a really bad system, and I'm beginning to wonder why I even bothered.... :no:

Still least were all in it together :friends:

For the life of me I can't understand why it takes so long.

The vast majority have no criminal convictions, so a quick check on the PNC, job done in 5 minutes.

As long as you haven't suffered any medical condition which could make you a risk a quick notification from the GP and again job done.

That's it!! Why the **** does it have to take so long?? The vast majority of applicants could be processed in the time it takes the GP to return his response.

And they want to charge a shed load more for the 'service'? They're taking the ****!!

I applied for my shotgun renewal 8 weeks ago, cert runs out tomorrow, just phoned and they are issuing me a temporary cert as they admitted delay is their fault, but they had me down as owning 3 guns, no only 2 I replied, seems the gun I sold back in 2011 and informed them about has "slipped through the net" as the new owner has not registered it at his end either, reckon he will be getting his knuckles smacked

The cynic in me says it's all done to put people off.

For the life of me I can't understand why it takes so long.

The vast majority have no criminal convictions, so a quick check on the PNC, job done in 5 minutes.

As long as you haven't suffered any medical condition which could make you a risk a quick notification from the GP and again job done.

That's it!! Why the **** does it have to take so long?? The vast majority of applicants could be processed in the time it takes the GP to return his response.

And they want to charge a shed load more for the 'service'? They're taking the ****!!

I had a phone call from them on Monday, I've got to go to a police station for my interview as the chaps been off sick & can't drive. Got it next Monday, but hey at least the balls rolling :good: Hope it don't take another 3 months though, 5 months wait is long enough :wacko:

Edited by Dan.lord

Had my interview today at the nic, all went well. Really nice chap very friendly, very apologetic about the delays etc. Still got to get a person round to check my cabinet but he's told me he's going to recommend I have it granted & hopefully I should have it in 3 - 4 weeks. All very good, but I won't hold my breath, he pointed out a pile of applications about a foot deep waiting to be looked at :| deffo plenty of work for them to sort. Still at least I'm one step closer :yahoo: