Essex Shotgun Application delays

Travlaa

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be postage day at HQ as a nice lady phoned me to say mine was also "in the post".

Also said sorry for the long wait that I have been having, mostly due by all account's to most of Essex taking up shooting of one kind or another and they do not have staff to cover it all.

Must be postage day at HQ as a nice lady phoned me to say mine was also "in the post".

Also said sorry for the long wait that I have been having, mostly due by all account's to most of Essex taking up shooting of one kind or another and they do not have staff to cover it all.

Excellent news, bit of a spend up coming then :)

Mine also, everything on it that I wanted, just got to ask about the permission they have granted it state's.

Shooting vermin, targets, setting up etc,or shooting on land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police for the area where the land is situated and over which the licence holder has lawful authority to shoot, is that an open ?

Info please.

Mine also, everything on it that I wanted, just got to ask about the permission they have granted it state's.

Shooting vermin, targets, setting up etc,or shooting on land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police for the area where the land is situated and over which the licence holder has lawful authority to shoot, is that an open ?

Info please.

About time! Glad it finally came. Enjoy your spend up

That's crazy the time it's taking, ok I'm surrey police but I sent form off Monday got a call Wednesday they visited Thursday all in the same week, and I received it the following Tuesday. Good luck with hopefully getting it soon

Sir, you have no idea how much I envy you right now...

• 5 weeks later...

Another quick update:

I have been trading emails with the Essex Firearms Department, basically looking to keep my name in their mind so (hopefully) it get's moved along and not left on someones desk.

Fortunately, i managed to contact the head of department and he said that my application had been approved and was due for postage in the next couple of days.

With a bit of luck, I should be the holder of a SGC by this time next week and hopefully the owner of a Browning 525.

Hatcher

On a side note my Essex renewal has not been to slow . I posted it on the 22/2 and I had my interview a week ago . Since then my cheque has been cleared so it should be with me before the 16/4 when my old one expires .

When I first read this post I was dreading renewal but it has been fairly painless , thanks Essex police

On a side note my Essex renewal has not been to slow . I posted it on the 22/2 and I had my interview a week ago . Since then my cheque has been cleared so it should be with me before the 16/4 when my old one expires .

When I first read this post I was dreading renewal but it has been fairly painless , thanks Essex police

Yep one thing they have been very clear about. Is that renewals take priority over grants.

Just been reading this thread :no: wish I hadn't now !! mines only been 7 weeks & I'm already champing at the bit :sad1: I've also put a deposit down on a o/u, hope the chap don't mind waiting a while longer. Not had a visit yet, but did get a letter about 5 weeks ago saying they'd received my application, & it could take "up to" 16 weeks. Oh hum, hopefully arrive in time for a Christmas day shoot :lol:

Edited by Dan.lord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...