Missed one, but not this one

Dougy

post-2987-0-12733500-1390231968_thumb.jpg

I had one coming into the call from directly in front of me, it was seen coming in to the field over 200yds away through a hedge, coming in on a direct line, i mounted the archer onto the back of the scope switched on the 2nd NM800 and tracked it coming closer and closer, i kept thinking "no need to rush the shot"---- "main centre mass"

"cant miss, wait,,,, wait,,,,wait" it came to a barbed wire fence, ducked under (by this time it was only around 60yds if that) and stood front on, i was well above 3 large bails high. could believe i missed,,,, well gutted.

no chance of another shot it retreated pretty quick on a different line behind a tree.

15 minutes later another appeared, this had to be a different fox because of the direction it came from, it liked the call too but it took an instant dislike to a 53grn vmax that this time did connect.

One of those things i suppose ill never know why i missed.

Edited by Dougy

nice honest post well shot does look a big set up on top of that gun

yes it is a bit loaded, but take off one of the nighmaster,s and it doesn't look too bad. I certainly wouldn't be going on a long walk with it, just static, ambush tactics . normally on top of my favourite vantage point, the bales.