Land rover Key wont immobilize

palo

My 02 plate Land Rover Disco TD5 will not immobilize when I press the button on the key I have tried the spare key but no good I also changed the battery's in the keys no good. I can open the drivers door with the key the alarm goes off. Any ideas what's wrong or can I disarm the alarm?

even though it appears your fobs not working, I dont understand the question,

the alarm goes off when you open the door? is that not what alarms are supposed to do?

how can you tell it wont immobilise, surely that comes into play for those without keys

try taking the negative battery terminal off for ten minutes and also make sure the battery is well charged.

try this. the EKA code. plenty of info on google. http://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/disco-ii-immobilized-read-works-45005/.

even if you get it started it might be a good idea to get a diagnostic check done asap.

a diagnostic plug in would tell you if somethings a miss. could be something simple like batteries but i can't help thinking something more sinister is going on. being a disco it could well be water ingress wetting something somewhere.

pleased you got it going anyway :good:

Thanks again aga Man. Since I got it going the the two key fobs wont lock the car but I can lock it manually with the key and I have a good bit of driving to do early next week I wonder is it ok to take it even if the fob don't lock it?

should be ok pal, just keep the EKA code handy ;)

if you press the fob too many times the spider emobolisor locks down, it changes its code every 3 seconds your key has to match up too this, when it happens again put the key in the door unlock and lock twice manually, whatch the red light flash fast when it slows to a steady blink try your key again by pressing the fob it should unlock