RUGER 10/22

ulsterman

A spare barrel?

Nah...just order one direct from a mail order firm.

Make sure you post an update on the site...the lad in my area who was bringing in barrels only got about 8 years.

F.F.S.!!

A barrel is a Section 1 part.

It will need to be fitted by an RFD...UNLESS you get an FAC variation for a spare .22 barrel

If you want to buy things like barrels through the post you'll need to sort out a house swap with someone in the USA as it's legal to buy such parts mail order there.

Edited by saddler

A spare barrel?

Nah...just order one direct from a mail order firm.

Make sure you post an update on the site...the lad in my area who was bringing in barrels only got about 8 years.

F.F.S.!!

A barrel is a Section 1 part.

It will need to be fitted by an RFD...UNLESS you get an FAC variation for a spare .22 barrel

If you want to buy things like barrels through the post you'll need to sort out a house swap with someone in the USA as it's legal to buy such parts mail order there.

Only if it's chambered after speaking to my RFD regarding shorting barrel I asked what to do with the off cut and was told it is only classed as a section 1 if it is chambered Edited by northeastshooter

Only if it's chambered after speaking to my RFD regarding shorting barrel I asked what to do with the off cut and was told it is only classed as a section 1 if it is chambered

Ah - my bad

I read the OP's question as BARREL not BARREL BLANK.

Must have missed the part about his having a chamber reamer all ready set up in this lathe.

I am familiar with the difference, as I buy from Brownells & others, so know what boxes need ticking to own things legally.

Oh, as an added bit of FUN to the project.

Not sure about Northern Ireland Police rules, but I have been told that such an exercise within the confines of the Northumbria Police area is classed by them as a variation - so would need a one-for-one slot. Makes sense to them, if to nobody else.

Northern Ireland may also have extra criteria so if it was me doing it I'd check with the police there first.

Ah - my bad

I read the OP's question as BARREL not BARREL BLANK.

Must have missed the part about his having a chamber reamer all ready set up in this lathe.

I am familiar with the difference, as I buy from Brownells & others, so know what boxes need ticking to own things legally.

Oh, as an added bit of FUN to the project.

Not sure about Northern Ireland Police rules, but I have been told that such an exercise within the confines of the Northumbria Police area is classed by them as a variation - so would need a one-for-one slot. Makes sense to them, if to nobody else.

Northern Ireland may also have extra criteria so if it was me doing it I'd check with the police there first.

I was pointing out at what state it becomes a sec1 depending on were he buys the barrel from and it what state as you as you just stated a barrel is sec1. but hey hoo if u want to be cocky about it crack on mate Edited by northeastshooter