Neck shot roe

glogin

Many consider that to early if your after a good buck in Scotland, many will still not be ready in the head dept. good luck none the less and not everyone wants a trophy anyhow

great chance for bucks then all the younger bucks nocking about and you should connect with a few, I like to get in early and take them before being pushed off by the older bucks holding ground, atb wayne

Nice video, also that is possibly the manliest beard I have ever seen! I have a pathetic patchy half ginger affair so now I'm not only jealous of your shooting but also your facial hair.

Keep the vids coming

Did not expect this kind of comments lol :lol:

great chance for bucks then all the younger bucks nocking about and you should connect with a few, I like to get in early and take them before being pushed off by the older bucks holding ground, atb wayne

+1

In forestry I stalk if we dont get them early we may never get them later on to complete the cull plan...

The mention of April stalking for bucks in Scotland is more aimed at those who pay for the stalk and the chance of a trophy head. Many come back disappointed because they are normally not ready, used to joke about April fools but stalking was a lot cheaper then. Money and its recent popularity has spoiled stalking for all and the deer to my mind at least we have taken a step back

Many consider that to early if your after a good buck in Scotland, many will still not be ready in the head dept. good luck none the less and not everyone wants a trophy anyhow

I'm going the last week in April mate and I'm not after trophy heads, it's part of a management cull, I just want to try stalking and gain experience and hopefully some venison for the freezer,

Atb

Flynny

I'm going the last week in April mate and I'm not after trophy heads, it's part of a management cull, I just want to try stalking and gain experience and hopefully some venison for the freezer,

Atb

Flynny

It's good to hear that trophy heads do not form part of your plans. From what I hear too many people are chasing too few specimens.

It's good to hear that trophy heads do not form part of your plans. From what I hear too many people are chasing too few specimens.

It matters not why someone stalks, I have the grand total of one head on display personally. but if someone was heading North in early to mid April and paying good money for a head they might want to try a bit later or go South instead The best months are easy to book on pay for the day venues these days. Not right to dislike the trophy hunter, the meat hunter or even someone who just wants the experience