first time in 20 years

shoot and be safe

Well after almost 20 years driving, today a chief inspector of north Wales police caught me holding my mobile phone whilst standing still in a traffic jam.

I held my hands up and received a ticket. £100 & 3 points.

I can't believe that you aren't ****** off for being 'punished by the state' for doing nothing to harm anyone, they might as well give you a ticket for having brown hair.

If you'd had it in your hands while moving then fair enough, but in a stationary vehicle?

Was the handbrake on?

Nial.

Edited by Nial

Is it just me here who feels uneasy that the driver of a bus half full of passengers is using his phone when driving.

You are a professional driver and the fact that you were not aware the police were watching you confirms your appear to have been distracted.

As already said, you have took your £100 dose of medicine without whingeing. Expensive lesson learned

I take your point about being uneasy with me "driving". I was in a stationery traffic jam texting the depot to inform them of my delay. I didn't see the police car as it was a unmarked jobby :ninja:

There is no point moaning about the fact I got caught. I'll. just have to take it on the chin (all three of them) and take the consequences. :/

To add another positive to the situation, I have now got another topic for the after dinner speeches :whistling::lol:

Edited by shoot and be safe