Chromed or not chromed...

Travlaa

Hi guys, how would I tell whether my barrels are internally chromed? Might seem a stupid question but I have no idea.

It's a 1995 Miroku MK60 sporter.

Also is it worth having it serviced and what's the cost of it? All feels reasonably tight and so far (touch wood) it hasn't missed a beat. The gun is in mint condition as far as I can tell.

Also I have snap caps in it, are they worthwhile using them? Can't help but think that the brass ones are quite heavy for the ejectors

Pretty sure it will not be chrome coated , as Gordon has said I would not worry about a service , they are a very well built gun and should go many years without issue.

Basically a service on a gun of that type will consist of little more that taking off the stock de greasing and re lubricating and its really not required unless the gun starts to play up.

"Attention to detail

For strength, action and barrels are made from selected chome-molybdenum alloyed steels.
All Miroku shoguns have actions forged from a single piece of steel thereby guaranteeing fundamental structural integrity.
The nitride finish on the action and the blueing of the barrels increase their resistance to wear, corrosion and other signs of ageing.

Each load-bearing part also undergoes a thermal treatment which further enhances the gun's durability.
Miroku barrels are internally chromed, except in the choke area, which allows the owner to adjust the choke as required.
Standard models have an «old silver» finish and all are engraved, whilst the higher «luxury» Grades have profuse hand-finished engraving, continuing a centuries-old tradition.

For all Miroku shotguns, quality is constant, their strength is legendary and they are safe in operation.

In the hand, their balance is perfect, and as one has come to expect from Miroku, the finish is impeccable.
"

http://browning.eu/miroku/products/?level=2&group1=1&group2=1

Miroku barrels are internally chromed, except in the choke area

http://browning.eu/miroku/products/?level=2&group1=1&group2=1

Since when? Day one? The chokes on my 90's 3800 are a different finish to the rest of the barrel not sure if chromed though.

look for a capital C on the barrel flats, chrome barrels came in with the invector plus around that time not sure about fixed choke though

My invector barrelled 525 is chromed but a later model 2007 Edited by HDAV