Which semi auto?

Adrianp

Horses for courses and each to their own at the end of the day...

One of my perms is a very good crow ground, thick and fast all day long. The little ******* will even come in when im trying to pick up the dead ones!

Im not saying im an expert shot, and certainly couldnt teach lord digweed anything! Lol

All i was trying to say was its a bold statement to make when you tell someone they will rarely need a third shot.

Either way, were all here for the same thing.

Sorry for the way i came across in the previous message by the way. I generally engage my feelings before my thoughts and it doesnt always come across too well...

I pigeon shoot with a three shot pump gun and have in the past used my three shot auto. I always load three shells even though its not usual for me to expend all three. If I fire two shots then the last is left in the chamber and all I need to do is slip another one or two in the magazine. I also prefer the fixed barrel gun in a hide.

Every shooter is free to choose his own tool.

Edited by theshootist

I pigeon shoot with a three shot pump gun and have in the past used my three shot auto. I always load three shells even though its not usual for me to expend all three. If I fire two shots then the last is left in the chamber and all I need to do is slip another one or two in the magazine. I also prefer the fixed barrel gun in a hide.

Every shooter is free to choose his own tool.

Pretty much like yourself, though I try and reserve the last shot for finishing a cripple that way I never have to work one into the chamber, which makes things very much faster. In truth I am rarely left empty with good opportunities in range I cannot take, the only time I really get three down or more is when a get a two for, once had 1/2 dozen for one on Teal (pure accident don't do it by design). The chances of my getting 5 birds say for 5 individual shots at one bunch all taken within range are extremely small on my skill levels I cannot even think how I might get all the shots off within range let alone hit them all. Suppose some have far better ground, far dumber birds and are far better shots?

Stick to your game gun,another gun will get inside your head and you rarely need 3 shots

really? they get in your head?!

I shoot pump, semi and O/U... they all fit me equally so I shoot equally with all.

If the gun fits properly you'll shoot the same regardless of how many barrels or what kind of action you have.

This getting in your head sounds more about making excuses when you're having an off day... which we all have.

neither do i.... :lol:

seriously though, sometimes i hear statements like the afformentioned and it irritates me just a little.

where i shoot, i can easily take 5 or 6 birds with a section 1 semi auto and strike a kill with every shot.

so to make a statement like "you rarely need 3 shots" is a little presumptuous given the circumstances,

and then when someone presents a valid argument to your statement to reply in the manner in which retrolmc did just exacerbates it.

just my opinion though... :ninja:

I'm with you, I've had moments when I havent been able to load fast enough after emptying the 4+1 I use.... everyone's circumstance are different.

What gets my goat is just because someone doesnt see a "need" or doesnt use something themselves they'll argue its not needed... and argue like it matters... why does it matter if someone wants more than 3 shots?!

It doesnt.