Good job she's not a UKIP member

Sprackles

The coverage on this has been shockingly sparse especially given the nature of the group yet whenever anyone remotely connected with UKIP so much as farts in public its major news and splashed across all papers, TV news etc and debated ad infinitum yet this woman in a high profile public office associates with paedophiles and hardly a murmer.

In my facebook page I get requests from my friends on the left asking me to sign petitions to get rid of various UKIP and Tory councillors for the flimsiest of reasons.

Not one of them has commented on this as I have shared it many times over to raise awareness nor do I see any petitions for her removal.

Just reinforces my belief that the establishment is running scared of UKIP and does not want to show the alternatives in a bad light.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/harriet-harman-stayed-silent-over-paedophiles-to-avoid-rocking-the-boat-too-much-claims-former-leader-of-pie-after-daily-mail-allegations-9154313.html

Edited by Sprackles

It has been all over the news today, not sure how you missed it.

I didnt miss it.....it first came out last week but only now is it starting to make the news which is my point......UKIP man says floods are result of gay policy and every news outlet explodes instantly.

Obviously if you have only just seen it my point is proved.

The coverage on this has been shockingly sparse especially given the nature of the group yet whenever anyone remotely connected with UKIP so much as farts in public its major news and splashed across all papers, TV news etc and debated ad infinitum yet this woman in a high profile public office associates with paedophiles and hardly a murmer.

In my facebook page I get requests from my friends on the left asking me to sign petitions to get rid of various UKIP and Tory councillors for the flimsiest of reasons.

Not one of them has commented on this as I have shared it many times over to raise awareness nor do I see any petitions for her removal.

Just reinforces my belief that the establishment is running scared of UKIP and does not want to show the alternatives in a bad light.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/harriet-harman-stayed-silent-over-paedophiles-to-avoid-rocking-the-boat-too-much-claims-former-leader-of-pie-after-daily-mail-allegations-9154313.html

I think you need to bear in mind that Harriet Harman's comments were made in 1976 long before any of us anywhere knew anything much about the revolting paedophiles, apart of course from those people who were paedophiles themselves - I was at a boarding school in the late 1950s and early 1960s where all sorts of unpleasant things happened but no-one really understood or gave any credence to what was going on.

By contrast, the fruitcakes who make up UKIP are spouting their nonsense in 2014. I don't think anyone is running scared of UKIP. Nigel Farage is the arch-typical pub bore and everyone gets fed up with them eventually....

I think you need to bear in mind that Harriet Harman's comments were made in 1976 long before any of us anywhere knew anything much about the revolting paedophiles, apart of course from those people who were paedophiles themselves - I was at a boarding school in the late 1950s and early 1960s where all sorts of unpleasant things happened but no-one really understood or gave any credence to what was going on.

By contrast, the fruitcakes who make up UKIP are spouting their nonsense in 2014. I don't think anyone is running scared of UKIP. Nigel Farage is the arch-typical pub bore and everyone gets fed up with them eventually....

Lots of goings on with DJs back in that era too...has not stopped them being investigated.

I didnt miss it.....it first came out last week but only now is it starting to make the news which is my point......UKIP man says floods are result of gay policy and every news outlet explodes instantly.

Obviously if you have only just seen it my point is proved.

It's the account of a convicted paedophile with a distorted world view, about internal politics of a fledgling 'right-on' libertarian group 30 years ago. It may produce some noticable headlines but it isn't exactly an electrifying story.

Paranoia is a symptom of insecurity and I think its the UKIP supporters who are fearful. I can see them making inroads into the Liberal vote but I would be very surprised with their mandate ( what ever that is this week? ) if they displaced more solidly ensconced MP's from the Tory or Labour Party.

I listened to Nige on local radio today and there's no doubt he is a good orator but if I'm honest he spoke in riddles, he did reinforce his support for the Fishing industry though because he was floundering ( you see what I've done there ? :lol: )

I don't think HH has done anything fundamentally wrong to be discredited, like her or not and if there was any real substance to the allegations I'm sure the opposition would grind the opportunity into the ground. That is of course unless they have there own skeletons waiting to come out of the cupboard that they would rather keep locked up.

Hang in, so to speak. I reckon Ms Harman will have to go after this as already the papers are starting to pick apart her explanations.

I think not - it is all a long, long time ago when very few of us even knew what a paedophile was.

She, was naïve, she made a mistake - she was not condoning what these ghastly people did or do.

Let us be thankful that this disgusting practice is now out in the open, we are all much more aware of it, we listen to children who rightly complain, which did NOT happen 30, 40, 50 years ago, when I voiced my concerns as a child, only to be told "you are talking nonsense, the 'grown-ups' know what they are doing". Yes the dodgy ones did know what they were doing and no-one would listen to us.

Please also see my previous posts.....

Hang in, so to speak. I reckon Ms Harman will have to go after this as already the papers are starting to pick apart her explanations.

Yes....its starting to unravel now.....one of her sidekicks is opening up......no pun intended.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2569570/Patricia-Hewitt-breaks-silence-groups-links-National-Council-Civil-Liberties-boss.html

it has to be said pedophile information exchange is not exactly a secret code name is it, just what did they think this organization was about or did nobody bother asking before having links with them :lol:

Perhaps they read it as PIEdophiles........ :lol: ....... for lovers of a tender meat filling

I think not - it is all a long, long time ago when very few of us even knew what a paedophile was.

She, was naïve, she made a mistake - she was not condoning what these ghastly people did or do.

Let us be thankful that this disgusting practice is now out in the open, we are all much more aware of it, we listen to children who rightly complain, which did NOT happen 30, 40, 50 years ago, when I voiced my concerns as a child, only to be told "you are talking nonsense, the 'grown-ups' know what they are doing". Yes the dodgy ones did know what they were doing and no-one would listen to us.

Please also see my previous posts.....

But SHE WAS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

So then it wouldn't hurt her to APOLOGISE would it?

it has to be said pedophile information exchange is not exactly a secret code name is it, just what did they think this organization was about or did nobody bother asking before having links with them :lol:

Hits the nail on the head doesn't it.

The left back in those days seemed to do anything that would go against the old system more often than not just to rub their noses in it. When you look at the comments made about immigration during the last government (how it would annoy the right) that mentality obviously hasn't gone away.

The left back in those days seemed to do anything that would go against the old system more often than not just to rub their noses in it. When you look at the comments made about immigration during the last government (how it would annoy the right) that mentality obviously hasn't gone away.

Crikey you can remember politics from 38 years ago...I cant even remember 38 hours ago... back in 76 I thought a paedophile was an bike catalogue from Halfords!

Perhaps they read it as PIEdophiles........ :lol: ....... for lovers of a tender meat filling

:lol:

i thought the paedo's were part of the old system plenty from all partys at the elm guest house you could almost do prime ministers question time there (allegedly) :lol:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elm_Guest_House_child_abuse_scandal

Edited by overandunder2012