Spotlamp colour?

wildfowler.250

I'm going to bite the bullet and fork out for a nightmaster 800. Mainly a general lamp for rabbits/use with the airgun and hopefully start lamping this year.

my question is what colour of lamp to go for? I was thinking red or green? I was leaning towards green as it lets you see further at night?

thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

If you're getting just the one initially, I'd be inclined to go for the red. As you specify airgun/rabbit, the red (Demon) has the three power settings which permits you to keep the light output down to no more than is necessary. If, by lamping, you mean a bigger calibre I'd be inclined to bite a bit harder and go for the XSearcher. For my money, 800 or XSearcher, the white is a bit of a brute but also has the 3 settings to tone it down. The amber is a very pale yellow with just the one output level. I rate this for fox as there's not much of a difference in range but it does not have the harsh glare of the white which can sometimes prove problematic. Not tried the green.

Edit: PS Forgot, should you go for either torch and also decide on the remote switch which saves you climbing all over the rifle, hang slack as in a couple of weeks a much improved 'ON' version will be available as opposed to the existing pressure pad one.

Edited by wymberley

T think all they do is dim the light some, fit a dimmer or just use a lower intensity of light generally and just use white IMO. The fact that a creature is said to have poor colour vision in a certain specrum don't mean it don't know when its lit up like a Christmas tree