Gamebore Black gold Shot size ( well i never knew that !!)

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

went to my gunshop today and picked up some Black gold 28 gram #6 , I usually shoot RC sipe , however I fancied the change . anyway I bought said cartridges and went home . this afternoon I thought I would have a look at the gamebore and RC websites just to have a nose , and there on the gamebore web page for the back gold , right at the bottom it said .......................Continental shot sizes !! I thought that cant be right I thought that gamebore where al True English size's .

so me being me , I gave them a bell and was put through to customer services dept. . I asked the chap on the phone about the Continental shot sizes statement . he said YES , but only on the black gold range , so im not shooting an English six then ? I asked ...... NO your shooting a 5 .

I asked why this is the case , he replied , it just is . That's why if you combine that with 1500 fps is the reason they hit so hard . Fare enough I said and bid him good day .

did anyone else know this ???

stevo

see for yourself , at the bottom

http://www.gamebore.com/products/14/12g-black-gold-game-ultimate-performance

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

Yes i knew that and hull high pheasant extreme are the same. both very good shells but way too expensive for pigeons and crows!

I think im about to find out that im the only person in the world who didn't know haha .

I agree they are expensive , however buy the time I offset what I get paid for the pigeons they become very very cheep

stevo

Guest stevo

5's are the way to go anyways ;)

I agree , but im not going down that road , each to there own , and I respect that , as I said I also shoot the Sipe in #6 witch in fact are a 5.5 in English

Edited by stevo

Guest cookoff013

i`ve always been a supporter of the bigger shotsizes.

lots of guys get hung up on 6s even though they`ve been shooting 5s and 5.5s for a while without knowing.

also the energy per pellet on target with 4s are phenomenal. if i recollect, an energy table, subsonic #4 have more energy at 40yards than #6s at 1300fps-MV @ 40 yards.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm shooting Black Golds at present on clays and asked this question when I bought some Friday.

The Black Gold Game are continental but was told the clay competition load carts are English sizes so an 8 is an 8 etc.

The Black gold Comp range 6.5 - 9 English sizes

Black Gold Game 4,5,6 - continental shot sizes.

Edited by Dibs

Guest stevo

I'm shooting Black Golds at present on clays and asked this question when I bought some Friday.

The Black Gold Game are continental but was told the clay competition load carts are English sizes so an 8 is an 8 etc.

Yep bang on thats what I was told when I spoke to gamebore

Stevo

If you measure the shot you can see exactly what they are.