£100,000 of Firearms stolen in Basildon.

owo1-man

In a straight line this is about three miles from me, not a nice area, Basildons original ***** encampment is there. One field across is the A127 another ***** encampment, across the A127 is Dale farm. One of those arrested is of no fixed abode.

More importantly as a Daily Mail reader will this affect the value of my home ?

http://www.heart.co.uk/colchester/news/local/ten-arrested-following-theft-of-100000-of-firearms/

Temporary Detective Superintendent Keith Davies from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said that a number of firearms, which are sporting guns such as shotguns and rifles, were still missing. He said that extensive house-to-house enquiries will be carried out in the Godman Road area of Grays as part of the search for the weapons.

A load enroute to distributor or dealer, if they got them in a small hatch back it could have been just 8-10 midrange shotguns.....

I'm pretty certain that RFD movement of firearms/shotguns is heavily covered in the Home Office documents, and this sort of thing is simply not suppsed to happen. If that's the case, then I haope we see some heads roll, whether distributor or RFD

I'm pretty certain that RFD movement of firearms/shotguns is heavily covered in the Home Office documents, and this sort of thing is simply not suppsed to happen. If that's the case, then I haope we see some heads roll, whether distributor or RFD

Er nope they just use TNT or parcel force the firearms act has a specific exemption for carriers and warehousemen.....to them they are just another box. Sect 5 stuff may be different but most military deliveries are carried by normal lorries on normal pallets

I live north of the berlin wall (A127) and know the area the lorry was parked in. You would have thought that the driver would have been directed to park up in a controlled or secure lorry park for the night. That area is far from secure with so many rat runs and little side roads that anyone could get away with it. The Burnt Mills estate is totally industrial so could well be deserted at night once any shift workers have settled down. What a ridiculous place to park with a valuable cargo like that.

I assume the driver knew what he was carrying. Can't believe it was a major carrier (TNT, City link, etc) as they have depots in Basildon.

Just read the Police report that stated, the Shotguns priced at up to £20,000 each may have been passed off as Air Rifles to unsuspecting buyers, really, come on Essex Police who's kidding who?

This is why whenever there is a report of someone with a gun instead of sending one police man/woman to check that it is not just a kid with a plastic toy they send twenty armed police and have chopers over head have the police never seen airguns and shotguns I wonder where you would get 12g pellets from.

The news if you read the full reports says that some were handed in after they were bought by someone thinking they were air weapons so it's not the police saying that as an assumption. Its what the person or persons who bought them said on handing them in.

quote. -However following a media appeal on Saturday, a number of people have contacted police to say they bought some of the guns, believing they were air weapons.

Edited by Dibs