Few days to go!!!

ollie

Well lads, on Monday I embark on my first ever marathon when I run the Belfast City marathon. I'm doing it for Northern Ireland cancer fund for children; at the start of 2013 my nephew was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.

He is making great progress but it really opened my eyes to what a family can go through when someone so young contracts such a terrible disease.

Although this is my first marathon I have always been reasonable fit due to outdoor activities. Since the end of January I have ran approx 300 miles and my legs are starting to feel it. I am really looking forward to it though.

If anyone would like to sponsor me for this great cause then they can do so on my just giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/Oliver-Mort/?provider=personalGivingApp

There is also some info on there about my nephew & a couple of images of him on my wedding day.

Thanks lads,I am very proud. I did it in 3 hours 50something minutes, haven't got exact results yet. Few images below:

D355F28D-7E0D-40F5-B8B1-D1CE2A0D312C_zps

Before

2DB0157E-475C-4F99-972A-A02C0577CBCF_zps

About 14 mile in.

E8D40389-248C-4B2E-8608-E77987765974_zps

About 21 miles.

CF043A62-6A40-4FEF-A5DC-635FDA953A2C_zps

All for this wee man & other kids with cancer.

FDB666F8-5594-4871-A30A-720582A3815C_zps

His mother & my sister Ruth.