More stock stuff

turbo33

The wood that came on my HW100 could never be described as anything other than ordinary. So amongst the other jobs this weekend, I gave it a going over. When I bought it, It was weirdly light in colour for Walnut, almost a fawn. I think it must have been the period where Weihrauch had a senior moment over their wood selection :lol:

Anyway, I stripped off all the original finish. Buffed back with various grades of glasspaper. Washed off and then left to dry. A coat of Walnut stain to put back into the wood, what should have already been there :lol: Left to dry overnight, then the oiling started yesterday. Its had two coats of Linseed oil, wet sanded with 800 w/d so far. I will build up the coats over the next few weeks until I get the right finish....prob about 8-10.

First pic with the bunnies is how it was.

2014-04-19194546_zps2a5349f5.jpg

Few shots of progress so far

P5050261_zpsf8539182.jpg

P5050266_zpsd8f97dae.jpg

P5050263_zps61261a61.jpg

P5050265_zpsfc79e704.jpg

Thanks for the praise chaps :good:

Nice Job Marc :yes: well worth all the effort and hard work :yes: looks great bud atvb Terry

Thanks Terry, seems to be the rifle getting all the action at the moment, so thought it deserved a bit of tlc :yes::lol::lol: