Fenn traps

HEAD OR NOTHING

• 1 month later...
i have two fenn traps that i use regularly with good efect i just set them in a bolt hole and check them every day

Just bought two Mk4 Fenn Traps of that popular online Tat bazaar we all know and love.

Hoping to control the rat population around our chicken house.

/Mad

Make tunnels for them, they need to be one inch taller than the trap when sprung and one inch wider than the trap when set (including safety), make then tunnel around 24 - 30 inches or so. Set them on wall sides or similar, near gates being a good spot or on planks over waterways. If you are trapping rats allow two weeks before you catch one, it was advice given to me and it worked to the day!! MK6's are best I find although MK4's are OK for the small stuff, a couple of sticks driven into the ground at each end keeps out unintended victims, I put holes in the top of mine with a hole saw to keep them secure. If setting them on soft ground , dig out a patch for them to sit in and cover with leaves or light soil. If setting on a hard surface I find some straw in the tunnel hides the trap as well as being attractive to rats. Good luck.

I love my fens... mk6 are ok but only really good for rabbits and mink etc... ive caught squirrels and rats in them but not many and awkward catches.

Mk4 are the best, rats, squirrels, baby rabbits are suckers for them, especially squirrels, a tunnel placed next to a feeder with sticks in the front and fresh earth at the front and the back of it, catch many a squirrel.

Alex

<_<

I have one of my brand new mk4 fenn traps in a tunnel I made out of old pallets (had a few left over from re-roofing the shed).

Buried it in a dip in the soil, covered it and put some cooked chicken on top. Sticks in front to stop other animals and nothing so far, but too be expected.

Nearly caught my fingers as I was tempted by the lovely organic corn fed chicken I was using as bait.

/Mad