Insurance Papers for Season

DazzJo

I have been searching the net for a few days now for some insurance for the forth coming season but I am torn between a few companies. I know everybody says go with BASC (no offence to any pigeon watch members that are apart or work for BASC) but I have come across another company called CCC3 (Country Cover Club) and they seem to be offering everything for £29.95 (annual) which the price seems a little to good to be true to me, as BASC are the most highly rated and most used company for game insurance yet a little more expensive. Has anybody purchased a policy via CCC3? If so do they do what they say on the tin?!

Thank you

DazzJo

I think CCC3 is just an insurance company, and that is all they sell. BASC on the other hand fight the corner of the shooter and offer legal advice.

I might be wrong but I don`t think CCC3 offer anything but insurance, so if trouble comes calling you would be on your own.

I think CCC3 is just an insurance company, and that is all they sell. BASC on the other hand fight the corner of the shooter and offer legal advice.I might be wrong but I don`t think CCC3 offer anything but insurance, so if trouble comes calling you would be on your own.

+one

BASC are much more than just an insurance. I know we all have a budget to control, but if you can afford the extra pounds for BASC membership you are also contributing to the future of our sport and also getting a lot of personal support if you have any shooting related issues

Do not confuse insurance cover with an organisation that represents shooting that also includes insurance in the membership fee.

To quote from the BASC website...........................

The British Association for Shooting and Conservation Limited (BASC) was founded in 1908 by Stanley Duncan, fzs (hon) as the Wildfowlers’ Association of Great Britain and Ireland (WAGBI). The name of the Association was changed to BASC in 1981.

The Objects of the Association are essentially to:

1. act as a representative body for all sporting shooting
  2. promote and safeguard all sporting shooting
  3. represent all engaged in such sport
  4. promote conservation and scientific research and other matters connected with such sport in accordance with the ethics of good sportsmanship
  5. uphold and maintain the legitimate interest of membersin particular with regard tolegislation (on) the use of firearmsand the lawful right of every member to shoot at sporting quarry with any (appropriate) firearm.

If u just want cheap insurance an don't care about anything else fine.

The NGO and CA (if down south) or SGA (if in scotland) are all similar priced about 30 quid but still do a lot of good for shooting, but do not have the same overheads or staffing levels as basc, so if u have a problem u can phone Basc and speak to an expert straight away for advice, not the case with any other org

Yes I was looking into countryside alliance also but BASC still turned out to be the better provider but as malantone mentioned "if trouble comes calling I would be on my own" I think your right there, but I think I'm actually going to stay away from ccc3 now because I thought I'd send them a quick email just to basically ask the questions I needed to but to my amazement the email bounced straight back and said it no longer exists. Ok, I'll ring them. I rang the sales and enquiry number and got no answer and again and again..

So just to clarify stay away from CCC3 and join BASC.......like me :) :)

I've been with the CA for a number of years as an individual member. I've just found out that as a syndicate member I'm covered with our shoot policy in the CA. So reading this thread thought I'd join BASC as an individual. support those that support you!!!

Best of both worlds eh :good:

I've been with the CA for a number of years as an individual member. I've just found out that as a syndicate member I'm covered with our shoot policy in the CA. So reading this thread thought I'd join BASC as an individual. support those that support you!!!

Best of both worlds eh :good:

Hell yea!! Think it's best decision I've made. My brother is also with BASC but I wanted to see if I can get a better deal than him (ya know, brotherly competition) but turns out I couldn't and ended up joining haha!!