Steve B....Primos instruction video

Proudly

Well Steve I think its about time you helped us lads who took your advice, bought a primos call & failed miserably lol.

How about a video showing us your technique? I've had little success & sound more like a duck than a crow.....

The problem with doing an instructional video is that I can't show you how hard to bite on the rubber tube, or how to blow air into the caller, or how to do the 'grrrr' sound.

All you would get is the sounds that I produce, and they are very good.

I can only suggest that you practice as much as possible, and don't give up. The Primos is an excellent caller and I would'nt change it for anything else. The main reason being is that I can call in different birds, not only Crows.

I've sat practicing in my back garden, much to my partners annoyance. I've done a lot of calling of foxes over the years using various calls but mostly using my hands with great success. I'm pretty adept at making different calls & adapting my techniques but find I can get very little variation with the crow call. Theres a lot of corvids where I live, always crows passing but only once has a crow taken notice of my different calls

I bought one on the strength of the praises lavished on them by Steve. Have to say I think they're great bit of kit. I sounded a bit duck like initially and mate was a bit suspect at whether I'd bought the wrong call when we first tried it last year as each time I called a bloody train seemed to trundle by!

I'm nowhere near perfect with it and have a lot to learn (still reading instruction for the various calls off the backing card) but have on occasion turned crows, or it could have been the decoys, which would appear to have otherwise passed us by.

I bought one on the strength of the praises lavished on them by Steve. Have to say I think they're great bit of kit. I sounded a bit duck like initially and mate was a bit suspect at whether I'd bought the wrong call when we first tried it last year as each time I called a bloody train seemed to trundle by!

I'm nowhere near perfect with it and have a lot to learn (still reading instruction for the various calls off the backing card) but have on occasion turned crows, or it could have been the decoys, which would appear to have otherwise passed us by.

Take no notice of the instructions on the card. Juts go a listen to the birds calling and try and mimic them. You'll get there in the end. Sometimes, I have used the caller and the Crows have turned away. I find it good to call them in from a distance. Just enough to attract their attention. When they get closer to your decoys, stop calling and let them come into range.

Here's another video I found on Youtube for how to use the Primos Crow Caller. It is maybe not the best of videos but it will hopefully give people who are new to crow callers an idea of how to get the sounding reasonably right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fpfb5VKpfA

Edited by Frenchieboy

Take no notice of the instructions on the card. Juts go a listen to the birds calling and try and mimic them. You'll get there in the end. Sometimes, I have used the caller and the Crows have turned away. I find it good to call them in from a distance. Just enough to attract their attention. When they get closer to your decoys, stop calling and let them come into range.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Just been out to new shoot with mate, I used his spare SBS that I've never used & is too short lol (excuses). I couldn't hit a thing but I had the crows coming in for a look, mate dropped one & I called frantically. They went mental coming back in circling but still too far for me to get a shot off. I've noticed these crows sounded similar to the primos but the ones at home have a deeper, raspy caw....if that makes sense