kids birthday today.

halight

Today my girls are six years old.

I have twin girls, they were born 10 weeks early by c-section, because the doctors were worried that the blood flow two twin two was flowing back , this can be very dangerous, and if it happens then there you have to deliver and there is a short amount of time in which this can be done safely,

We live in the dudley area of the west midlands. But there were no neo natal incubators available locally for the twins. They found us two up in liver pool. A very long way away for us. On the same day another lady was sent to Manchester, my wife gets taken up by ambulance and I go with father in law in his car. He drivers back the same night. They hospital put me up in one of the on call rooms for which I was very gratefully for. They deliver the girls at 10 the next morning. Weighing in at 3lb 3oz for twin one and 2lb 8oz for twin two.born 10 weeks early. We spend the next five days up in Liverpool. Then they get . US closer to home, the girls go by ambulance to Worcester hospital. My wife and I go down by train. They are only there for two days when two incubators come up at our local hospital. Another five weeks there before we got to take them home . Twin one came home first and then twin two came home three days later.

Lots of stress six years ago. Lost of stress going on now with things. The difference is that they are fit and healthy and commuting on lovely.

Any other stress comes no were near close and as long as they are ok. Then everything that matters is ok.

Just thought I'd share the story briefly.

Happy birthday girls.

My mum is a twin - and was expected to die shortly after birth along with her sister. No such thing as an incubator back then (and if there was, certainly wasn't one where she was born). Well i'm here today, so that story ended well too :good:

Happy birthday to them. Don't forget your ear-plugs for the party :whistling: