Just got my fac back

Well after selling my v22 I sent my ticket off for a one for one. I also asked for AOLQ and rounds to be upped to 700 lr which they did no problems .

The only down fall is I asked for open ticket in a covering letter explaining why.

I've used 1500 rounds in 15 months of having my ticket and cover 6 farms all wrote down and passed but I really need the open bit as I get random requests from farmers to shoot on small paddocks of around 4 acres in size .

It's still got " land deemed suitable by chief "

Gutted as it means I've got to turn shooting down

it could just be an oversight I had some issues with my FAC a quick call & they were all put right, If you haven't already I would suggest a polite phone call asking if they have over looked your request to open your ticket they may well say yes or if not at least give a reason or a time scale to work to. ..... anyway good luck

it could just be an oversight I had some issues with my FAC a quick call & they were all put right, If you haven't already I would suggest a polite phone call asking if they have over looked your request to open your ticket they may well say yes or if not at least give a reason or a time scale to work to. ..... anyway good luck

Done and was exactly that apparently .

They said resend your request but unless I meet all four criteria I've no chance.

Request for an Open Firearms Certificate

With regards to the removal of the specification included on all initial Firearms Certificates; land deemed suitable by the Chief Officer of Police conditions:

The condition is automatically altered on the first renewal after five years.

Persons requesting the alteration of this condition before their first renewal are required to submit a written request highlighting the reasons as to why this current condition precludes them from shooting effectively. It should include supporting documentation outlined below:

Relevant qualifications

Work-related use of firearms in pest control

Appropriate public liability insurance

Written testimony of competence and decision making

Each request will be judged on its individual merits

The applicant will be required to demonstrate and also evidence, why their circumstances i.e. skills, attitude toward safety, knowledge and experience in the use of Section One Firearms - is different to other certificate holders who remain constrained by the condition.

You should be aware that it is unlikely that the casual recreational shooter will be in a position to justify deviation from Home Office guidelines and that there is no right of appeal against the decision in respect of your request.

YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE PROVIDED.

Wow! I wrote a letter to my FLD after 18 months from first grant saying that I was getting requests to shoot regularly and the removal of the land condition would allow me to shoot land when required rather than wait for clearance as well as reducing the FEOs workload.

I had to show that I'd used the rifles by the amount of ammo used and that was job done.

This is why the licencing needs a comlpete overhaul, it seems every authority is doing their own thing and this is what loses public faith in the system.My sons 1st FAC at 15yrs old came back open,I phoned the FEO regarding my concerns and Durham stated that they where no longer operating a two condition license, its one condition and thats an open condition.

Edited by Davyo

Done and was exactly that apparently .

They said resend your request but unless I meet all four criteria I've no chance.

Request for an Open Firearms Certificate

With regards to the removal of the specification included on all initial Firearms Certificates; land deemed suitable by the Chief Officer of Police conditions:

The condition is automatically altered on the first renewal after five years.

Persons requesting the alteration of this condition before their first renewal are required to submit a written request highlighting the reasons as to why this current condition precludes them from shooting effectively. It should include supporting documentation outlined below:

Relevant qualifications

Work-related use of firearms in pest control

Appropriate public liability insurance

Written testimony of competence and decision making

Each request will be judged on its individual merits

The applicant will be required to demonstrate and also evidence, why their circumstances i.e. skills, attitude toward safety, knowledge and experience in the use of Section One Firearms - is different to other certificate holders who remain constrained by the condition.

You should be aware that it is unlikely that the casual recreational shooter will be in a position to justify deviation from Home Office guidelines and that there is no right of appeal against the decision in respect of your request.

YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE PROVIDED.

I think that's a very reasonable response, remember they have a job to do and they are doing it correctly without being petty and following the correctly set guidelines to them in this instance, not going off and doling out open conditions to save time and money. In protecting the public from stray bullets they are also at the same time protecting our right to hold and use firearms in the field (we should all think on that one).

I am about as pro-gun as it gets but my own thoughts are exactly under the lines they suggest, if someone came to me mentioning small paddocks of four acres I think I should want to look at the land and also far more importantly the applicants competency in assessing a safe shot if I was the FEO.

If you want an open because you feel they will not clear some of the land you are offered, then can I respectfully ask you to consider if your making a square peg fit into a round hole. Trust me when I say I walk away from some land as regards using firearms, I think long term I have gained more land and certainly more respect from it in the long run. Presently I am using rifles very little because the ground is hard, the grass is high and stock can turn up anyplace (as can trespassers) in truth when I had held my FAC for a year or two I should likely have shot it because you tend to make things fit and as such I fully support 5 yrs closed (unless its especially paid work / employment related).

When you have that freaky ricochet occur from a safe shot or similar and that cold feeling run down your spine it does so much more than plinking off a stack of ammo in a year or two

The four acres is a safe shot as I've got the shooting cleared in the next field and all around it :)

It's more than that anyway it's the fact my mates ring up and say their boss ( farmer) wants a fox shooting etc tonight and can I go ? . So I say no and also a lot of them don't want to sign paper work to get it cleared .

I'm not fussed at the mo now so will leave it as I've already turned down the shooting

im with west mids/staff and i have had plenty of issues regarding the licence coming back wrong i had a open ticket after a few months and at times it come back closed that means my time sending it back again... yours will get sorted mate there just not in a rush to help

i was over your way the other day at the solware shop .... that blokes a donkey head in there...

im with west mids/staff and i have had plenty of issues regarding the licence coming back wrong i had a open ticket after a few months and at times it come back closed that means my time sending it back again... yours will get sorted mate there just not in a rush to help

i was over your way the other day at the solware shop .... that blokes a donkey head in there...

How old was he? 24?

Should call in next time for a brew at work

Can't really complain about staffs.

Their fast and reliable for me normally :)

The four acres is a safe shot as I've got the shooting cleared in the next field and all around it :)

It's more than that anyway it's the fact my mates ring up and say their boss ( farmer) wants a fox shooting etc tonight and can I go ? . So I say no and also a lot of them don't want to sign paper work to get it cleared .

I'm not fussed at the mo now so will leave it as I've already turned down the shooting

Yes, that bit is a bind. Though I hate shooting land the first time in the dark without a good walk round at the minimum to ***** no go areas and unsafe shot angles. Yes, lots of farmers don't want officialdom of any sort walking their land unless they are looking at grants that is. The upshot is once you do get open and the respect of landowners you will likely turn more stuff down than you take on.

Cant question the 4 acres offering a safe shot you can shoot over the boundry of any land you just need be close enough to the fence and not have a good backstop, just the fact that if its safe they should still in theory clear it if it is. To be fair if you pointed out it was just a patch in the middle of an existing cleared area.....................................?

no older guy late 40's fat bloke..

where do you work??

Alan lol.

He's a shot gunner and expert clay basher but no good on fac/rifles

I work at fazeley in tolsons mill.

How far did you travel?

Lmao not just me then lol

Easy now Kev lol

Don't forget the book lol

Edited by team tractor

Alan lol.

He's a shot gunner and expert clay basher but no good on fac/rifles

I work at fazeley in tolsons mill.

How far did you travel?

Easy now Kev lol

Don't forget the book lol

he made a comment about hunting saying Morrison has meat why do you need to shoot it... my reply was i don't want meat that someone has made love too...

he also thought a muntjac was a bird... lol not very helpful the other bloke was sound

im in Coventry so it was about 40 min..

Edited by camokid

he made a comment about hunting saying Morrison has meat why do you need to shoot it... my reply was i don't want meat that someone has made love too...

he also thought a muntjac was a bird... lol not very helpful the other bloke was sound

im in Coventry so it was about 40 min..

Ha ha .

Tye the bald bloke is sound and the gym fan is Carl . Both are nice blokes and knowledgeable but more airgun than bullet.

Cheapest place for rounds tho