Tikka tactical .223

cluais

Mate has one. Very impressive kit. Not sure if they still come with muzzle break or not. His did, but it's next to useless anyhow as the noise is horrendous, as is the blast if you're acting as spotter; dust and **** all over the place!

Good mod' is the way to go.

As has been said; heavy rifle, but well worth the money.

Thanks for that,I'm a bit worried about the weight alright..

By the time scope,bipod and mod go on it would be tough going across fields with it..

Any other make you would recommend just don't like the feel of the cz

By the time scope,bipod and mod go on it would be tough going across fields with it..

We mostly use our rifles from vehicles, but I use my T3 Varmint for stalking and that's no lightweight. A good, tactical sling of the type which fits like a harness distributes a lot of the weight, and the rifle is carried 'out front'.

So why a lump like the Tactical, what advantage do you think that will give you over (for example) a Lite for fox work?

I don't think it will give me an advantage,I know a dealer that has one going cheap and it's like new condition..

Never wanted a tactical just an opertunity has come up for a bargin

It isn't a bargain if you don't like heavy guns, the Varmint/Tactical versions of rifles give you no advantage of accuracy for that one off shot in the field.

You said you were concerned about weight, so it obviously up to you, I have no use whatsoever for heavy field guns (Rimfire or centrefire), just not interested in carrying that weight for hours for no benefit.

Heavy guns are favoured by some, and light by some, I have no need for heavy guns since my serious Range/Target/Competition days!

ATB!

post-20848-0-88315700-1404543015_thumb.jpg

post-20848-0-55744500-1404542928_thumb.jpg

That's some collection there,also going to take a look at a sako hunter in 223 would this be lighter then the tikka..

Love the timber in the stock

Yes, but, the decision is yours, best to pick up and handle as many as you can, then decide what you want!

Well lads went to look at the tactical but I didn't like the weight of it as all my night time shooting is done solo so just too heavy

But I did see a t3 lite

20" barell with 1:8 twist which I did like

Also a Remington vssf 2 but seemed a bit longer, it had a stainless barell,fluted 1:12 twist

Anyone recamend one over the other (the t3 is looking like my favourite

Well lads went to look at the tactical but I didn't like the weight of it as all my night time shooting is done solo so just too heavy

But I did see a t3 lite

20" barell with 1:8 twist which I did like

Also a Remington vssf 2 but seemed a bit longer, it had a stainless barell,fluted 1:12 twist

Anyone recamend one over the other (the t3 is looking like my favourite

My T3 Lite Stainless (pic above) in .223 is 1-8, most are 1-12, they did a run of 1-8 for a few years either side of about 2006. Works for me!

Nothing wrong with the Remington although many will suggest it isn't the gun the Tikka is. Simple fact is accuracy wise and reliability wise etc there is nothing in it, the Tikka may have the edge on build quality but they will both last years if you look after them.

Get whichever you want, I'm sure you will be happy with either!

You wont go wrong with either, but for resale value and the detachable box magazine, plus build quality, I would go for the Tikka.

Saying that, I'm not one for caring much what others think of my guns really, it's all down to individual taste.I tend to buy what I like, so I still may trade in my T3 at some time for a sporterised No4 in 7.62 as I've always fancied one. :) Get the one YOU like, you wont be happy otherwise.