disc set striker removal tools.

brett1985

just wondering, do you guys make your own or do you know of a reputable place to buy them at a reasonable price?

pretty sure i can make ones for the 2 guns that i need to work on, but if i can save time by buying them then that would be better....

cheers!

brett

These are available from Brownells. http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/bolt-parts/firing-pin-parts/firing-pins/firing-pin-bushing-tool-prod8874.aspx

Bear in mind that they are widely known as 'hard to remove' and most if not all have a lock screw at the side, sometimes incorporating a gas vent.

I made an adjustable 2 pin one by drilling the end of the jaws of a King **** adjustable wrench ,I also have one made from the head of a bolt welded in to a socket with 3 pins.

I machined the end of the bolt head when welded in the socket, applied masking tape to the machined surface rubbed the action with engineers blue pushed the tool on to the action face which left a print of the disc ,center punched it drilled this out on the bench drill and locktighted the pins made from silver steel in .its amazing how many guns it's fitted over the years .

Deershooter

Got mine from Brownells in the USA. See link above; if I recall correctly it was about £28 including a spare set of pins & postage. The width between the pins is adjutable so they will fit most guns with disc set strikers. However, you need to know what you are doing; elongate the holes and you will end up paying a gunsmith to sort it out and probably a new disc.

Helston Gun used to do a full set . I got one for a guy in Ireland a few years back . Worth a call perhaps

.That said the can be absolute swine's to get out and will admit to having ******** a few up trying over the years , Best advice is if they don't come easy get help .

Helston Gun used to do a full set . I got one for a guy in Ireland a few years back . Worth a call perhaps

.That said the can be absolute swine's to get out and will admit to having ******** a few up trying over the years , Best advice is if they don't come easy get help .

Helston still do but it only in the trade catalogue got a new one last year.

Some as Gunman says are utter ********.