Watches?

kyska

I bought a Seiko 5 off the Bay for the eldest - I just went with the one that had the most feedback for flogging watches - there's a couple that have thousands of positive feedback and flogging watches (not DVDs and computer cables which is how people get a moody account looking legit). The watches are priced the same +\- £20.

If you're undecided check out any Seiko 5 sports watch - they are mega well built and there's one that's a Rolex Pepsi copy that looks the nuts.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word of warning some Seiko 5 auto watches cannot be manually wound and have to be worn continuously or used with a watch winder.

It can be a pain as you only find out when you put them on in the morning and realise they have to be re-set.

Why 5 ? well its something every budding collector soon learns..

The watch has five key attributes :

1. Automatic winding

2. Day/date displayed in a single window

3. Water resistance

4. Recessed crown at the 4 o’clock position

5. Durable case and bracelet

Edited by Fisherman Mike

I'm a big fan of Seiko watches...this is the one I currently wear for work...its the only watch I currently own which is a quartz...the other 50 odd being mechanical movements.

I bought it on Japanese ebay for 3750 JP yen including postage or about £25 quid at the time, with the help from a Japanese speaking colleague who has also got me significantly reduced Subaru spares similarly.

It was on sale in the UK at about 10 times this at the time ( excuse the pun) but wasn't produced for very long because the silver hands are quite difficult to distinguish in poor light.

post-427-0-79813300-1430474195_thumb.jpg