what to spend my money on for the coming assault?

currieboy

i have a litttle bit of money saved up and was wondering what to buy which would help me best for the coming summer assault on pigeons. Here is a list of my equiptment;

Gun + carts (had to write to avoid sarcy comments)

cartridge bag

12 shell decoys not flocked

4 full body crow decoys

5' by 10' ex army cammo netting

5 home made hide poles (electric fence poles) (not very practical to carry around as not extendable)

a seat

i use an old potato sack for transport

cheap not very good carousel

2 home made floaters (not the best)

for clothing i use a barbour wax jacket, camo long sleeve t shirt (when warm), green trousers, real tree gloves and a green baseball cap

any additions would be lovely and the cheapest/best place to buy them would help to. if any of you have any thing to sell which you feel would help me please post as well.

thanks alot for help

james

you dont want to lugging eqip you dont have to,your barbour wax is a noisy jacket if stalking prey and you brish a tree or bush it will make a noise plus you dont wanna catch it on anything also bloody hot in summer and heavy to carry, i also use a cammo balaclava under a hat just to make doubly sure i aint spotted!

Try and get telescopic poles if you can,if not use nature to give u a hand, branches(already fallen) ditches fences etc.

It doesent matter if wot u have aint the best,it will do a job,if it doesnt improvise!

hope ths helps somewhat. NCS

i have a litttle bit of money saved up and was wondering what to buy which would help me best for the coming summer assault on pigeons. Here is a list of my equiptment;

Gun + carts (had to write to avoid sarcy comments)

cartridge bag

12 shell decoys not flocked

4 full body crow decoys

5' by 10' ex army cammo netting

5 home made hide poles (electric fence poles) (not very practical to carry around as not extendable)

a seat

i use an old potato sack for transport

cheap not very good carousel

2 home made floaters (not the best)

for clothing i use a barbour wax jacket, camo long sleeve t shirt (when warm), green trousers, real tree gloves and a green baseball cap

any additions would be lovely and the cheapest/best place to buy them would help to. if any of you have any thing to sell which you feel would help me please post as well.

thanks alot for help

james

on the subject of hide poles,you could always have a look at the washing line props in homebase or other big diy places as these are generally pretty cheap and the ones you need have a plastic lock nut in thev centre which enables you to shorten or extend.You will need to get a piece of dowel or even a piece of ash to insert inside the bottom piece so that it can be sharpened and then pushed into the ground.If you do not do this and assume thar hammering the tube to a point will work you will be disappointed as it will collapse on you and you will have wasted your time and money :good:

on the subject of hide poles,you could always have a look at the washing line props in homebase or other big diy places as these are generally pretty cheap and the ones you need have a plastic lock nut in thev centre which enables you to shorten or extend.You will need to get a piece of dowel or even a piece of ash to insert inside the bottom piece so that it can be sharpened and then pushed into the ground.If you do not do this and assume thar hammering the tube to a point will work you will be disappointed as it will collapse on you and you will have wasted your time and money :good:

genius hav 2 try that myself!! :good:

get yourself a camo head viel...there onyl about a fiver!

You seem to have everything else.

Traveling light is the key..........................take the bare minimum of gear..then if you have to mooch theres no problem............................I use a NASH carp barrow.....cammo over the front. When I get out...2 poles cover the side elvations , and then when I finish..all the gear goes back on the barrow, and off I pop in seconds............there are about 40 quid new :good:

One of the best buys i have made is the big rucksack, you can carry everything in there, decoys, hide poles, netting etc etc, it has a bucket at the bottom of it, you take the bucket out and turn it upside down and voila...you have a seat..

Shove some foam in the bottom of the bag, then the bucket inside that. When you empty just turn it upside down and use the bucket in the bag, no need to take it out :)