iOS 8.0

Will Poon

I got a 5S to replace my 4S.

Only noticeable difference is it now doesn't fit in my top pocket so well.

The 6 is bigger still.

As for the update, my 5S said it won't fit and my indoors internet is too slow to download it.

If you do the update through itunes and not directly through your device you don't need as no where near as much space cleared on the phone

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, that I love my Apples. I have iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and I just think they're seamless. Life is just so much easier with them. iPhone for calls and texts, as well as 3G on the move, iPad for browsing the web, reading magazines, and watching videos, and MacBook for work and other serious things. A lot of money's worth, but I just find them idiot-proof, and I just couldn't imagine using anything else.

I get fed up of the constant new releases, but realistically, they have to keep bringing out new products, just so people will buy them. On a night out on saturday, I couldn't believe how many iPhone 6s I saw being flashed about, even though they've only been out a few days. They're as much of a fashion statement as anything.

It makes me wonder what we did before the introduction of hand-held internet-capable devices, like iPod touches, and iPads. Personally, I can't even watch TV without Googling odd things that I see and hear. The amount of questions that would have remained unanswered 10 years ago just boggles me, whereas now everything is just a swipe away.

My iPad and 2 colleagues keep losing mobile network connection.

Top left corner just says 'No Service' and you have to reboot, then all good for 1 to 4 hours and then same again.

This has happend several times now even in the house where signal is always full strength.

Anyone else had this?

My iPad and 2 colleagues keep losing mobile network connection.

Top left corner just says 'No Service' and you have to reboot, then all good for 1 to 4 hours and then same again.

This has happend several times now even in the house where signal is always full strength.

Anyone else had this?

EE has been doing that for around 6 weeks in my house

:shaun:

Not had any major issues with IOS8 but the way it reorganises your photos is very annoying, why can't i just have one folder with all of them in?!

I've been loyal to Apple for a number of years, mainly because they've resisted the tread to make the phones as big as a canteen dinner tray, i don't want to have to carry a laptop bag to bring my phone along on a night out <_< Now they've given in and gone Samsung-massive with the 6 and tablet-titanic with the 6+ its time to jump ship come next upgrade, bit of a bu66er really but i refuse to buy one of those A4 sized *** :rolleyes:

The 6 still doesn't look as big as the S4

The screen certainly isn't as big, although its bigger than the 4s

Bro in law got his on Saturday,

I have the 4s and the first thing I noticed was how much lighter it was than the 4s

But still not going to ios8, I think it's aimed at the newer faster iPhones

Not had any major issues with IOS8 but the way it reorganises your photos is very annoying, why can't i just have one folder with all of them in?!

I've been loyal to Apple for a number of years, mainly because they've resisted the tread to make the phones as big as a canteen dinner tray, i don't want to have to carry a laptop bag to bring my phone along on a night out <_< Now they've given in and gone Samsung-massive with the 6 and tablet-titanic with the 6+ its time to jump ship come next upgrade, bit of a bu66er really but i refuse to buy one of those A4 sized *** :rolleyes:

The iPhone 5 is still a current product being sold by Apple. It may well go away in the next iteration (iPhone 6s?) but if their market research says people still want a smaller phone - I suspect they may well continue to sell the 5.

Which models?

3G 32gb full size iPads - we have them for work.

Prior to os8 update mine had never skipped a beat and mobile internet had always been very reliable.

The other guys report the same thing and are all over the UK so seems too much of a coincidence not to be linked?

ATB.

The 6 still doesn't look as big as the S4

The screen certainly isn't as big, although its bigger than the 4s

Bro in law got his on Saturday,

I have the 4s and the first thing I noticed was how much lighter it was than the 4s

But still not going to ios8, I think it's aimed at the newer faster iPhones

Has he managed to bend his 6 yet ?

Cracking videos doing the rounds - great advert for Apple (not) !

3G 32gb full size iPads - we have them for work.

Prior to os8 update mine had never skipped a beat and mobile internet had always been very reliable.

The other guys report the same thing and are all over the UK so seems too much of a coincidence not to be linked?

By 3G you mean the 3rd generation ipad (iPad 3 with retina display) or do you mean one with 3G mobile connectivity? It could possibly be a bug - you should check on the Apple support forums: https://discussions.apple.com/

Apple released and pulled an 8.0.1 update which reportedly caused some problems for a small number people. Perhaps this issue was already addressed - so try 8.0.2 when it comes.

Rule of thumb - never upgrade to a .0 release :-) Not just Apple - anything.

Has he managed to bend his 6 yet ?

Cracking videos doing the rounds - great advert for Apple (not) !

If you look into on Google you will see every iphone since the 4 has had complaints it will bend, same with sony thc and samsung, it's just that the android bunch have made a big deal about it, not one of my iPhone's has bent ever nor anyone I knows have bent, if you watch the video of a kid bending a 6 he uses a lot of force to actually make it bend, more pressure than what's produced in a front pocket