Did the most stupid thing...

jasper3

Dogs in general take lots of abuse from people and children and the first time they do anything to defend them selfs we get they same old cry put it down kill it its not safe to have around dogs are not fluffy toys there to do whatever we ask of them yet never allowed to answer back just put yourself in the dogs position could you always show your passive side somehow I doubt it but then I forgot there are a lot of perfect people on this site who never get anything wrong.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the responce is the fact that it is a bite on the face which always appears more horrendous than a bite say to the hand. How many people play a bit rough with a tug toy with their dog and get bitten on the hand and write it off to experience.

If Jasper had not been sat on the floor it wouldn't have happened as he would have been up on a dominant higher position to the dog.

No kids at risk in the household two adults who have discussed it with their vet.The right decision for them. Every case has to be judged on its individual circumstances.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Why not the dog charities only home dogs with suitable people or if that's not possible keep themselves. After that its not your responsibility.

IMO opinion a dog that bites anyone three times in the face isn't reformable.

My opinion, I wouldn't want to inherit any animal like that or pass it on, I don't think anyone looking for a dog would take on that if they knew.......

i don't want to play on words, but 3 times can sound like 3 separate occasions, when i was bitten by a german shepherd, he bit once, latched on and started to shake and pull,

smaller dogs, ..no, maybe thats the wrong term… my lad…how do i put this…. he snapped more than bit…no pulling, no shaking the head to tare . maybe a split second earlier, later, the eye lid may not of ripped.. my movement may of made it worse

attack..defend…its all relevant in making the choice….

even i have lashed out when startled ,

i guess you can only judge on how you interpret my words .

Possibly, and if that was the case they would keep it and not try to rehome it. I would have thought any dog lover would have the dog put down as a last option , not the first. Maybe its just me.

If you believe dog charities keep animals that they can't rehome you need a little more grip on reality.

In this case if you have no children then you can take a punt on the dog but any signs of growling or similar at any family member and I would have it out for a one way walk.

I do know a few people that have had dogs with cocker rage though a fair few years ago and it sure sounds similar.