4 telescopic hide poles for £8 ??

dusk2dawn

I thought that might just get your attention, :no: seriously if you have a Wilkinson store near you they have in stock at the moment tubular telescopic washing line props in green, they are lightweight and made for the job with a black plastic clip on top to take a hide net, costing just £2 each where can we go wrong?

Have noticed them also on Ebay with a scrap of netting and half doz decoys making £50 plus a real rip off so beware. :D D2D.

Mine were FREE!

I just borrow the Neighbours :lol:

Seriously though i got cheeky and asked if i could get a discount if i bought 4 so got 3 for £6 all in and got the 4th free :blink:

You got to be cheeky and ask sometimes :lol:

I need to paint the inner pole as at the mo it's too shiney :blink:

Then i am going to get some Nylon Spikes turned and rivet them into the bases and that should about do it :lol:

LG

I bought 2 of those as well £2.99 for mine as well.

I didn't do anything to bottom just left the caps on at the moment and they pushed in fine.

Think I'll get another 2 for the sides and some bulldog clips or something to secure the net to the bottom of them to stop it flapping in the wind.

LG: Could well be interested in the spikes for the bottom too thought of doing it myself.

Ben

I started off with the wilkos specials many years ago and found they are spot on given a slight modification or two.

But you can't beat the proper alloy ones from UK shoot. Yes I know they are a few quid but they are worth it when it comes to being very lightweight and weighing almost nothing compared to the wilko ones

An advantage the wilko props have over the alloy hide poles is in very high winds. I serverly bent an alloy pole last November

Here are some pictures of my homemade mods to wilko specials O/L down to 48" making them very compact but still heavy

newfolder064.jpg

newfolder063.jpg

Jonno