Garage side door

ferguson_tom

Hi Everyone,

I want to get a side door fitted to the garage just a standard UPVC thing nothing special, just wondering how much this might cost. We will provide the door and frame so just need the hole cutting, lintel putting in and the door fitting.

Is it a job someone on here might be interested in?

Cheers, Tom

If it's for security you can chuck a plastic door straight in the skip.

You can get through any plastic door in seconds.

A wooden fire door is £60

Locks are £15 for a 5 lever to which I recommend two around a metre high and 18"

A frame is £50

My cousin is a bailiff and he can't stand wooden doors with a 5 lever fitted as you have to smash them out .

I'm in tamworth if your near I can fit it

Edited by team tractor

if only you were closer, or I was nearer :lol:

I have a water fed masonry chainsaw that i'm itching to have a go on.

a door and frame can be had for as little as £50 from a reclamation yard, I picked up a upvc stable door for my conservatory in the summer inc frame and locks for a bullseye, timber doors are just as easy to break into, if you have a cordless drill and jigsaw you can just cut round the lock in seconds.

if only you were closer, or I was nearer :lol:

I have a water fed masonry chainsaw that i'm itching to have a go on.

a door and frame can be had for as little as £50 from a reclamation yard, I picked up a upvc stable door for my conservatory in the summer inc frame and locks for a bullseye, timber doors are just as easy to break into, if you have a cordless drill and jigsaw you can just cut round the lock in seconds.

I'd challenge you to that . If you loose a lock splitter on a plastic door it takes around 3 seconds honestly. My wooden doors take a hell of a lot to get through plus you can use hinge bolts and three dead locks if needed

I'd challenge you to that . If you loose a lock splitter on a plastic door it takes around 3 seconds honestly. My wooden doors take a hell of a lot to get through plus you can use hinge bolts and three dead locks if needed

ive got through quite a few wooden doors in the line of duty, either by drilling the lock or just cutting out round the lock, it's not too difficult, anti jemmy bolts aren't a problem once the lock is picked.

Thanks for the advice lads, a UPVC door will be fine as security not a massive issue. We are splitting the garage in two the front half with the normal up and over will be my part with tools etc and the back half will be my for my wifes business as she does wedding hair and make up and needs a little studio thing for all the trials etc so there will only be a couple of chairs etc.

I have had a few quotes from local builders and a couple have come back very reasonable.