RC 3 inch steel magnum steel problems

Recently I got a hundred RC 36gr 3 inch number 3 steel shells. I have only had a few shots with them and found they kill well at good ranges , but I have had a couple of shell cases that have failed to eject from my Browning Gold S\A. The first time I dismissed it as just on those things , but when t happened a second time I looked carefully at the shell casing as with their old magnum lead loads the pellets sometimes cause bulges in the case wall. No sign of that here but what I did notice was the end of the crimp was melted. These RC shells were all I had with me so I had to reload again with them. In the end I had 5 five shells and four of them had melted crimps and these four all jammed in the exit port. It seemed that not only were the crimps melting , but also the end of the shell had stretched under pressure and could not easily clear the port.

Has anyone else had problems with these shells ?

Yeah I have used em, I have found them to be decidedly rubbish so much so that they have been demoted to crows and squirrels and I have never had a outright kill with them.

I bought 50 and imho some are as tame as a .410 while others will out perform a sidewinder missile.

I have used all mine through a 3 1/2" pump so I haven't had any ejection problems but I won't be buying any more.

There's only 2 good makes of steel cartridges imho and that's gamebore and victory.

Edited by Beretta28g

Yeah I have used em, I have found them to be decidedly rubbish so much so that they have been demoted to crows and squirrels and I have never had a outright kill with them.

I bought 50 and imho some are as tame as a .410 while others will out perform a sidewinder missile.

I have used all mine through a 3 1/2" pump so I haven't had any ejection problems but I won't be buying any more.

There's only 2 good makes of steel cartridges imho and that's gamebore and victory.

You have not used Eley lightning then , they are excellent.

A friend should be getting me some , but no gun shops stick them around me , mind you a bought 600 3 inch gamebore , RCs and Remmingtons back in August so I have not been looking lately.

They are well worth seeking out , if you ever get Sutton Bridge way I can see If my Supplier still has them in stock.

Edited by fenboy

Not as good as my homeloads.

Well they are yet to be tested , if they are that much better you may have me begging for more :whistling:

I really do rate the lightning at the price , the performance is as good as the remington I had at less than half the price.

I noticed Cecil had some clever high velocity "soft steel " in,not sure what they are like.

Edited by fenboy