SILLOSOCK HYPA FLAPPERS

DR JAMES

Hi all who have SILLOSOCKS. Went out today Monday 26th Feb! Straight after doing my Night Shift as it was dull and windy. The way the weather was would be perfect. When i got there so where the Woodies already on the trees on the lines and in the field. So i quickly set up after they all flew away. Just got every thing sorted but did not have time to set my Rotary up and in they came. They where fully committed but guess what i was not loaded DAM. By the time i loaded my semi auto most had gone but a few had landed so i left them alone in the hope the rest came back around which they did. Fired all 3 shots got 2 and 1 lost in the woods but was hit well hard seen loads of feathers come out of him. With the wind blowing so hard this day not like the last time i was out these Pigeon Sillosocks looked 100% better they looked good and moved around and bobbed around just like they should do. I took the chance and got my Rotary set up but it just did not look right i tried and tried till i was blue in the face to get the things to flap but they would not. Well i say would not, NOT as good as the DVD you get with them. I shortened the line on the wings which made them 50% better so if any 1 else has had the same problem as me try it. Pull the line through to on 1 then just tie a not in it as close to the wing as possible. I only had to wait a matter of minutes before the next few came in for a look but they did not stop. Then a few more came shortly after and once again they did not stop. So i got out of my hide and walked 50/60 yards away and facing my hide to have a look what was spooking them. I noticed even though the Hypa Flappers looked better they still did not look right on my Rotary so i bent the arms a little so they faced up a little instead of straight. This worked a treat they looked a 100% better but still not as good as the DVD footage. The pecking and standing Sillosocks looked VERY GOOD though. I wonder when they WILL ect are going to fetch out LOFFTING Sillosocks or i might just make a device that will take a Sillosock onto my Lofting hooks NOW THERE`S A THOUGHT.

Any 1 else have any helpful tips to make your HYPA FLAPPERS flap better please let me / us at PW know.

Edited by henry d

you will find you must have them upright on the whirler. and your silosox need a biro spring between decoy and peg. this is done by leaving permenent small piece of peg in the decoy and attach biro spring to peg. job done shot 187 tday on game crop they cuttin some more friday :blink: . also tried two whirlers 30 yards apart 25 yards out unbelievable. won,t be many pigeons round here at this rate have taken over 600 in two weeks since i got hyperflaps and silosox. farm manager very happy. :blink: :lol::lol:

Sorry to stray off topic for a bit but what type of game crop are they chopping ??

They are on the rape

What are your WOODIES eatting like? :welcomeani:

It was a ref to Mellors post and I was just curious as to whether it was maize as up here all cover crops(rare if ever to see maize)are either flattened by snow or ploughed in by now, FYI - fodder neeps/rape, clover, sprouting weeds and still on beechmast.

• 3 years later...
you will find you must have them upright on the whirler. and your silosox need a biro spring between decoy and peg. this is done by leaving permenent small piece of peg in the decoy and attach biro spring to peg. job done shot 187 tday on game crop they cuttin some more friday :blush: . also tried two whirlers 30 yards apart 25 yards out unbelievable. won,t be many pigeons round here at this rate have taken over 600 in two weeks since i got hyperflaps and silosox. farm manager very happy. :good::yes::lol:

Hi mate just got pair pigeon hypa,s could you explain about fixing peg and biro spring,just want to get it right first time .

Many thanks beginer in shooting pigeons

I find they flap best when mounted horizontally. I have no idea what this "spring" thing is, but if you needed it, it would have been supplied with the Hyperflap by the manufacturers!

Once mounted you should crease the front of the wing along the edge about 1cm in depth and along the face of the wing, do the same for the back of the wing. Fold it up and pinch the fabric between you thumb and index finger and run it along. This helps to catch the wind.

If you search Youtube you will see videos.

I find they flap best when mounted horizontally. I have no idea what this "spring" thing is, but if you needed it, it would have been supplied with the Hyperflap by the manufacturers!

Once mounted you should crease the front of the wing along the edge about 1cm in depth and along the face of the wing, do the same for the back of the wing. Fold it up and pinch the fabric between you thumb and index finger and run it along. This helps to catch the wind.

If you search Youtube you will see videos.

Thank,s for that mate :good: